• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please help

Flaviu88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
FIX IT... finally after being a few hours I finally got it out. A small piece of wood. I was able to reach it from the back with out taking anything off.20200530_145623.jpg20200530_145623.jpg

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
FIX IT... finally after being a few hours I finally got it out. A small piece of wood. I was able to reach it from the back with out taking anything off.View attachment 120935View attachment 120935
Nice ! Looks like the little brother of the one I took out last week. Amazing how tightly they get packed in there. I am anxious to get out on the water and see if mine cleared completely. Hopefully you are good to go.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had it's twin lodged in mine 2 weeks ago!

Flaviu88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Took the boat out last night to check if it all cleared and the boat ran fine. Again thank you for all the help and advice. You guys rock

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! You’ll want to be aware of what it sounds/feels like when something gets sucked up and how to spit it out while not having to ruin your day taking the boat out of the water. For me, I throw it in reverse and try to spit it out. Others turn off the engines first and then throw it in reverse and try to flush it out. Search the forum for how this works.
You are correct @sunbyrned but unfortunately the tricks you are referring to only work on soft objects like grass and floating weeds so I agree with you. When it comes to these small wooden gremlins, it’s a different story as they can only be taken out thru surgical means.
I would advise to be vigilant of the water surface you are traveling over and if you see floating objects or any debris of any kind to go around and avoid. I also recommend not running the engines if you are in shallow waters near beaches or water/land edges. One needs to learn how to read the terrain. Heavy tree coverage, plants, etc near the edge of water probably means Fallen branches there, small rocks, etc that could be sucked. Avoid those areas as much as you can. This would greatly minimize sucking up undesirable objects and ruining your day.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could something like a piece of plastic made it past the impeller and is blocking the nozzle?

mattbennett31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys... currently have a stick in my impeller too. I have a 2019 242 Limited S E Series. I’ve watched the video on how to remove the pump. My unit looks different than the one shown in the video. My question is, do I remove the set of 4 bolts that are closest to me or the set of 4 bolts that attach the pump to the transom to get to the impeller. Any adive helps.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Both work, and have different outcomes. The 4 bolts closer to you remove the ring around the impellert too The whole pump comes out in one piece if you have a multi piece pump, as the other pieces are still bolted together.

When you remove the 4 bolts closest to you, the pump ring surrounding the impeller stays on the boat and everything else comes out. This is the preferred method of most on the board based on anecdotal evidence and my recollection. This is the easiest way to help clean anything on the impeller, as the impeller is fully exposed if you go this route.

If your pump has multiple parts, if you disassemble this way, just watch for any pins and keep it all together. Your boat is fairly recent so your pump may be one piece and this minimal concern does not apply to you.

Best of luck!

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have had numerious items get stuck in the impellors leading edge, started carrying a thin blade scewdreiver about 6.0" long, use to get behind the stuck piece and push it toward the side it got stuck from, have been very successful in doing this using the cleanout port while on the water. Also have a small mirror on telescoping pole and flashlight to be able to stick down the hole and see what I am dealing with helps. I am sure it will happen when I am not able to work it out, but to date, been lucky.