• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please tell me about Folsom Lake near Sacramento

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like to boat in lakes and/or reservoirs that I have never been to before at least once per year. This year, this weekend actually, I’d like to visit Folsom Lake near Sacramento. I only know one person that has been there but we have not had a chance to talk and I don’t trust the Lake’s/State’s web site since I found a conflict which makes me think the site is up to date. That is, the site says park entry is $10 but recent yelp reviews as far back as last year indicate that it is $12. The Yelp reviews don’t speak to boating on the lake, at least not the ones I read.

So I’m hoping some members here can tell me about the lake, specifically where should I launch from and why? What is there to see around the lake? Where is a good place to anchor or beach? Are there any good nearby restaraunts for breakfast or dinner?

@OrangeTJ you are the only member I can think of that has boated here but I may be confusing this lake with Lake Tahoe.

Any thoughts from those who have boated Folsom Lake would be appreciated.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
PM me. I live 1.2 miles to the folsom point launch ramps. I'm on the lake 2x per week. In July I'll be traveling around norcal boating berressa, Shasta, delta, and Tahoe. Cheers.

ilangtry

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
PM me. I live 1.2 miles to the folsom point launch ramps. I'm on the lake 2x per week. In July I'll be traveling around norcal boating berressa, Shasta, delta, and Tahoe. Cheers.
@NORCAL-GAS Let me know when you’re up at Tahoe (where I’ve been lately). I’d also like to try Almanor, Folsom, Delta, etc. in July/ Aug.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I visited Folsom for the first time about two or three weeks ago. It was nice but windy which I have since been told is common. There are three or four launch ramps. I chose brown’a ravine ($20 cash only) but have heard that granite bay is the most popular/crowded which makes sense since it seems to be the only one with a beach area picnic tables, etc. it is one of the few lakes in ca where they allow private homes to be built next to the water and the ramp I used is only 10 minutes or so from the freeway and other modern comforts like an outlet mall, movies, etc. it’s bigger than the Modesto reservoir and nearby oak dale but no where near as big as Lake Berryessa which also falls into theee counties. I would go there again but just to show my crew someplace different.

Randy MIller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was at New Melones Lake this weekend. Awesome lake. Second time out with my 09 232 limited Special. love my boat.