• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Plight with Fuel Sending Unit

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Spoke to Don at ISSPRO about fuel gauges and sending units and decided to change the SU as it’s most problematic in defective fuel gauges.

I received the SU but it had 2 wires - black and red (red for SU, blk as ground) - the original has 3 - pink SU, blk gnd, blk/ylw stripe light. So I connected the new SU red to the pink/red stripe and blk to blk. Gauge still didn’t work and when I turn key on port side ignition I get no indicators - beep, fuel lights, temp, etc - but I do get all lights to light on starboard side except the port side temp light. So, I dc the new SU and reinstall the old in the same setup - 3 wires to 3 posts. Same result, no fuel gauge, no signals on port side but get them on starboard side minus the port side temp.

Any ideas on troubleshooting to take, before I turn it over to a cert tech?