• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

plugged drain under the engine hatch

SeaPSea

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Everyone,
I have a 2015 242 Limited S that seems to have a clogged drain. It's the one that you see in the back channel once you open the engine hatch. Anyone know where this drains to or have any ideas on how to unclog it. I have already tried blasting water pressure down it with the hose.

Thanks

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your not talking about the drain area that goes to the main drain that the plug is in front of the articulating keel. You can usually pull stuff out of the main drain from outside with twizzers. If its to big to come out I've found you need to push the object about 12 to 18 inches to get access from engine bay.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Metal coat hanger. . . .

SeaPSea

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey FireFly, I am not talking about the garboard drain. If you open the hatch it is at the top of the channel that you see. Typically under the the top of the engine hatch.
The hose snakes around before it disappears.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
O ok I think they call that the scupper drain. The self draining cotpit drain. I have gone to the back of the boat it has a flapper valve I have pulled leaves out of.

Gary Traina

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Try putting a shop vac hose up around the scupper valve and sucking it out...