• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Plugged up jet and now check engine light

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So when coming back into dock tonight the port engine went into overheat and then check engine. I pulled a baseball cap out of my port cleanout. It was pretty jammed in there. Now the check engine light won't go off. Water coming out of both pee holes and the overheat alarm cleared. Anyone know if this code it's showing is something that will clear on its own?

IMG_1448.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
don't know for sure, maybe if you disconnect the battery for a few minutes it will reset?

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gonna give that a try. Otherwise I'll call the dealer in the morning as well. I was completely freaking out.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Glen had a similar experience recently. I believe that turning the battery off and back on solved the problem.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That was my favorite hat! I was devastated when I realized it flew off my head!

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Glen had a similar experience recently. I believe that turning the battery off and back on solved the problem.
Bruce is exactly right.

Turned battery off at switch for 15 seconds. Then back on and check engine cleared.
Mine would start but would not allow me to give it any throttle.
E-series appears to lock itself in neutral and make the throttle do nothing, with check engine light on.

I had backed in too far to a sand bar.

Phoned a friend, who I knew was on his drive home from Bimini (@Bruce), and he reminded me of this basic step.
:)