• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Plugs Question

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So there is the hull plug, 2 engine bay plugs and ski locker plug.

I'm guessing the ski locker and engine plugs drain through the hull plug. If that's the case, I get the ski locker as you may want weight and add water there. But why have the option to open/close a plug in the engine bay? If there was a constant open path of water to the hull plug the. If the bay started to fill then the bilge kicks in. What am I missing?

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All of those plugs drain to the bilge. The engine compartment has a bilge as well. The idea of the boat is to have a self draining system where when you're driving, the plugs are in and when you're trailered that the plugs come out. I keep my engine compartment plug in and my ski locker plug out. I've taken enough water over the bow by now to realize that the ski locker is the first thing to fill, and you want to drain that unless you want 1200lbs of ballast sloshing around in there :).

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Japanese have a 'must get back to shore in the event of a catastrophe' mindset. The idea is to build in every reasonable safeguard to keep the engines dry.