• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Polaroid Cube - I see a lot more video in our future

The Cube is listed as 1.6 ounces. Of course, that is without a case.

I'm thinking about getting a cube for my son to mount on his rc drift car. We mounted a gopro opinion a case and with a protective rubber cover on his drift car yesterday, close the center of gravity. It ended up being heavy enough to change the drift dynamics a lot. I'm hoping the cube won't do the same since it is so small (and I'm assuming light) by comparison.

While at the hobby shop I noticed a lot of different quad copters some very small (I will add pics later) and "inexpensive", like $80 to $150. Most did not include a camera but if the cube is as light as I assume I think it would make a great camera for a dyi economical flying camera / drone system, tough enough and big enough for outdoor use in light winds.

Ronnie, I would suggest looking into Mobius cameras. The quad guys LOVE these things. HD recording and have a low profile compared to the cube. And it weighs 1.3 ounces. Here is an Amazon link. Be sure to shop around, I have seen some pretty decent deals on them. I do not own one myself, but I know these are the default custom quadcopter cameras.

Oh, and if you want to have a ton of fun put this setup on the car and your son can drive FPV! http://www.amazon.com/FATSHARK-Predator-Headset-System-Goggle/dp/B00I08F7UM/

Thanks @Volffas , I will definitely look into the möbius cameras. I was in best buy yesterday and was surprised that they didn't carry the Polaroid cube . I'm still surprised that the entry level go pro is only $129. This is $70 less than I paid for a gopro 3 white edition a little over a year ago and I assume it is just as good if not better.

I hadn't thought about going fpv with the drift car but will look into that as well. Hopefully I can put a simple system in place that will work with the Carl Zeiss cinemizer googles I recently purchased because I don't want to buy anther set of goggles right now, too damn expensive.

Getting back on the subject of the cube I may still get one for my son of the möbius doesn't work out. That's a lot of tech for $100, probably closer to $200 after adding taxes and accessory costs which is still cheaper than anything go pro offers.

I have been doing a lot of camera research as I just didn't want to drop 300-400 for a GoPro but would if it was the best option. I looked at this cube next and then found this...
http://www.sjcam.com/en/cameras/29-...s75-1080p-60fps-wifi-sport-action-camera.html

Upon doing more research and video watching I found they make a cube version as well called the HD10.

I am fairly certain I am buying one of these, just trying to decide on the new 5000+ or the Cube. Both are available with wifi and have iOS and Android Apps to view on your phone / tablet. They come with a few accessories to get you started AND they work with all the GoPro accessories (they are the same IMO).

www.sjcam.com

@Ronnie
@octavio3311

Back