• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Polk DB651s vs Kicker KM654

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just like the title says, looking to do a cheap upgrade to the stock speakers on my 2012 ar240.

These will be hooked up to a JBL 600/6 amp that came with the boat. I like that the kickers have led lighting built in but don't see a lot of people running them here.

Robby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Neither. I just swapped my polks out for mb quart and they are way louder with way more bass for only 6.5s I was so impressed I ordered 4 eights also to mount down lower and it is insane. I found the 4 6.5s on Sonic electronixs for only $114. Msrp is 179 for just two so that’s a steal. You can also get them lighted for a little more.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have a sub either is probably be fine if you do not have a sub you will want to go with the kickers they have a more all around sound. The polks do not do as well with the lows.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To present another perspective, I have Rockford Fosgate Prime speakers, and they sound great. Tons of bass, get loud, and they're only running off my Infinity HU.

I'm not ashamed ot say, the looks of them was a big selling point too. They don't look like crazy looking clearly aftermarket speakers. They've got a nice protective grille that looks like it belongs on a nice boat, without crazy LEDs or hugely exposed cones or surrounds.

I have high end Kicker speakers in my truck. They're really great speakers - easily hanging with the "audiophile grade" stuff that costs nearly a thousand dollars for a pair. You're definitely not going to be disappointed with Rockford or Kicker, they both make great stuff. Polk... has its perks. There was a time when you could have considered them in the same conversation as Kicker and Rockford.... but that was a long time ago and their quality and performance has gone downhill. They're not far off from a Power Acoustik, MB Quart, or any of the other brands like that now. Not bad, but certainly a bit more bargain than the big guys.

All Seas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looking at db652's also.....any input?