• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pool Table Recomendations

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to add a pool table to the basement. Anyone have a recommendation of a brand or table? Looking for something quality that will last but not break the bank or make me worry about it every time someone plays on it. Thanks!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got a Brunswick from Costco several years ago. It’s been very solid but I’m no pro.

We even moved it ourselves with a car jack and dollies to do new flooring and put it back and it stayed very flat. The cost to have someone take it apart, move it and set it back up was outrageous.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ohlausen. The bumper action is way better than Brunswick. And spend the money for a good Simonis felt.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like you are not a pro or semi pro, so a slate top run of the mill table will suit your needs fine. Find a pool table room measurement guide and figure out if you want a 7' or 8' table.

ryanweber24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've enjoyed my Presidential table but there are plenty of good brands out there. I would recommend identifying the size you want and then looking around the used market. There will be a cost associated with the move but it would likely still be cheaper than buying new. I agree on the felt upgrade, especially if you are choosing new felt anyways.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Ohlausen.
1" - 3 piece slate, lifetime warranty.... you can always have the table felt redone if something stains it and changing up colors makes it like a new different table.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought a pool table / dining table combo when we moved in June last year and am so glad I did. The standard size is 4’ x 8’, the smaller/bar size is 4’ x 7’ (which is what I got), and the jumbo is 4’ x 9’.

I thought I would use it all the time but since we put it up almost a year ago I’ve used it maybe 10 times, half with others the other half alone. It’s been much more useful as a table or counter.

thankfully i only spent $1,500 on it for another $200I could have had it installed. Replacing the cheap queues and getting other accessories was another $200.

if you don’t use it often I recommend that you go used and pay someone to move and install it or move it yourself and felt it if needed.

HomeWorx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It really boils down to the purpose of the table. Are you practicing for tournaments or just want something in your man cave?

If you are practicing for tournaments it depends on what kind of tournaments? Tournaments at your local pool hall or league based stuff like TAP, BCA, APA.

If you are just looking for something in the man cave that can take a hell of a beating I would probably go with a Valley bar box. They are not the best quality tables in the world but they are commercial quality and made to take the beating in a bar environment.

If you are looking to practice for tournaments at your pool hall I would look for any 9' made by one of the major manufacturers like Brunswick, Diamond, Olhausen, Rasson.

If you are practicing for league play / tournaments it depends on what you usually play on locally. A lot of those are played on 7' (Bar Box) tables and since you don't want to break the bank the Valley might again be your go to as quite a few league tourney's are run on those. Diamond makes a GREAT 7' table but expect to pay in the high 4k to 5k range for them.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’m just a novice, but I plan on getting a Brunswick Glenwood table for my game room.

Jim

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It really boils down to the purpose of the table. Are you practicing for tournaments or just want something in your man cave?

If you are practicing for tournaments it depends on what kind of tournaments? Tournaments at your local pool hall or league based stuff like TAP, BCA, APA.

If you are just looking for something in the man cave that can take a hell of a beating I would probably go with a Valley bar box. They are not the best quality tables in the world but they are commercial quality and made to take the beating in a bar environment.

If you are looking to practice for tournaments at your pool hall I would look for any 9' made by one of the major manufacturers like Brunswick, Diamond, Olhausen, Rasson.

If you are practicing for league play / tournaments it depends on what you usually play on locally. A lot of those are played on 7' (Bar Box) tables and since you don't want to break the bank the Valley might again be your go to as quite a few league tourney's are run on those. Diamond makes a GREAT 7' table but expect to pay in the high 4k to 5k range for them.
Man cave. Not a tournament player.