• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

port engine communication error 2017 ar 240

chadweiser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
stopped to swim yesterday and after 15 minutes or so went to start boat. port engine wouldn't fire, tried once more and wouldn't fire. tried starboard engine fired right up. went back and tried port engine and it fired up. now after starting the port engine I will get a error message that says error port engine communication. has anyone had this yet?

Ad Rock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What ever happened here? Same issue as my 2016.

Matthew Sawicki

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had this issue on my SX 210 - seems like the Port engine always has issues. I have twin TR-1's

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are you running the blower at shut down before sitting and then again at start up. This sounds very common with other threads on here with heat soak on that side and not enough fresh/cool air to fire back up... I’ve come to the habit of running the blower for 3-5 min each shut down and start up while on the water... Also we run the blower during any watersports activities that are putting a heavier load on the engines. No issues in ours since we adopted this practice.