• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port engine RPM Loss

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
71912E63-3EF2-4C48-95D5-C0A8A1816281.jpeg E15BC80E-04B7-465D-BBE6-3C8D4E8146E7.jpeg CC90EE25-7159-4C68-AE81-4D7E28113030.jpeg 6E86A064-86DF-4A34-A155-B07B9FEA2B08.jpeg Had my port side engine die three times on me this weekend, each time after coming down from some nasty chop. Afterwards, I noticed a 500 rpm loss on the same engine with throttles matched. Thought I might have sucked up something—don’t see much in the pics but wanted a second opinion.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see string wrapped around the impeller. I don't think this will cause the engine to die but you should clean it up. Your problem could be the clean-out plug safety switches under the hatch. They may need to be adjusted

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I see string wrapped around the impeller. I don't think this will cause the engine to die but you should clean it up. Your problem could be the clean-out plug safety switches under the hatch. They may need to be adjusted
You know I bet it's those safety switches. I always keep mini soccer balls on top of my clean out ports to protect against a blow out and one of them was over inflated and pressing against the clean out port cover. Plus the latches on that cover are worn and don't really hold to well. Saw the string too, just haven't got to it yet.