• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port engine starting problem

PJM22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The port side engine in my boat won’t start after the boat sits overnight. It turns over won’t start and it flashes the battery icon with low voltage. All I have to do is pull the 10amp fuel pump fuse and put it back in and the motor starts. After the boat warms up it runs great and will restart. The boat batteries are good. I had a local sea doo machanic look at it and he couldn’t find a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this.

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I found corrosion under these connections at the port fuse box. It was causing low voltage and starting problem on the port engine. Disconnect and wire brush was the answer. Start going through all your electrical connections and check for security and corrosion. These connections look perfectly fine to me from the top down and I skipped over them several times. Disconnect your batteries and clean the wires and terminals as well. Could be a few different things buts start with the easy stuff first.

Attachments

PJM22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for your help. I’ll take a good look and make sure everything is corrosion free. I will let you know if I find anything.