• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port engine wont start

Gmac42113

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello
I have 2016 sx240 and sometimes the port engine won't start when I turn the key because throttle is not in "true neutral". Even though both throttles are in same position the port engine won't start but the starboard engine will start no problem.I have to push the throttle forward and back into the neutral position and when it lands in the right spot and you turn the key the engine will start no problem.

Does anyone know the mechanism or safety mechanism that tells the key the boat it is in neutral and it can fire the engine.

I think it has to do with the throttles most definitely!

Neutral safety switch. It's in the throttles, one for each lever. Not sure if you can align them or you have to replace. Hope it helps

Back