• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port motor won’t start unless starboard key is in the on position.

Patricko315

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New owner of a 2024 Yamaha ar250. Question is regarding starting sequence. My starboard key in the on position powers the connext screen, radio and blower. Essentially brings electrical power to the boat. Turning the port key into on position with the starboard key in the off position doesn’t power up anything electronically. The port motor also won’t start with the starboard key in the off position. The port motor will only start with with starboard key in the on position which it seems brings power to that switch. Otherwise turn the key and get nothing, dead switch key. I checked the manual and it doesn’t address this in starting procedures. Spoke with my dealer and they said this is normal in that the starboard key has to be in the on position to bring power to the port key. I spoke with another dealer while waiting to hear from my dealer and they said this isn’t correct and some type of electrical or battery hooked up incorrectly. Now I’m confused 2 different answers. Boat does start every time as long as the starboard key is turned to the on position first. Can any 2024 ar250 owners confirm this is how their boat works.

Patricko315

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New owner of a 2024 Yamaha ar250. Question is regarding starting sequence. My starboard key in the on position powers the connext screen, radio and blower. Essentially brings electrical power to the boat. Turning the port key into on position with the starboard key in the off position doesn’t power up anything electronically. The port motor also won’t start with the starboard key in the off position. The port motor will only start with with starboard key in the on position which it seems brings power to that switch. Otherwise turn the key and get nothing, dead switch key. I checked the manual and it doesn’t address this in starting procedures. Spoke with my dealer and they said this is normal in that the starboard key has to be in the on position to bring power to the port key. I spoke with another dealer while waiting to hear from my dealer and they said this isn’t correct and some type of electrical or battery hooked up incorrectly. Now I’m confused 2 different answers. Boat does start every time as long as the starboard key is turned to the on position first. Can any 2024 ar250 owners confirm this is how their boat works.

No other 2024 Yamaha ar250 owners can confirm this?