• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port Tach Voltage Alarm

RM1313!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Need some help. So just got the boat today and so far everything is working except for an alarm I think is tied to the port tachometer. Engine starts and port tach powers up. It shows RPM. However once it starts the alarm goes off and it says low voltage and shows 0 volts. Starboard tach works correctly and when running shows 12.4 volts. Any ideas on what to check? I do know the previous owner replaced the Port tach due to fogging.

RM1313!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I think I figured it out. The previous owner replaced the port tachometer with a starboard one. I think the alarm is because it doesn’t get any of the signal it is looking for. Now I have to find a used port tachometer

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Interesting information. Please let us know how this turns out.

And congratulations on the new (to you) boat, and welcome to the forum!

Jeff