• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port vs Starboard Impeller

Whickety

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
new to me 2015 AR240....noticed lots of noise from the pump housings while on the hose. Pulled the pumps apart and the wear housing/impeller have been "talking".
Ordered new housings from WSM with nylon wear rings and factory yamaha Impellers. I ordered 2 Impellers same part Number 6AP-R1321-10.
Is there a port and starboard impeller? Wondering if I goofed and ordered wrong.

Prior to 2015 left port and starboard impellers were pitched slightly differently (one was pitched with 1.5 degrees than the other, can’t remember the witch). Yamaha started selling their boats with the same impeller for both sides in 2015. You can verify this by looking at the parts on sites like partzilla or yamaha sports plaza.

Thanks so much for the confirmation....Much appreciated !
Happen to know the clearance spec for impeller to housing?? I think I read it's about 20 thousandths.

Thanks so much for the confirmation....Much appreciated !
Happen to know the clearance spec for impeller to housing?? I think I read it's about 20 thousandths.
No problem. I don’t know the clearance spec but do know it’s not unusual to hear a lot of rattling/scraping when running the motor on a hose while the boat is on a trailer/out of the water. I think the main things to look out for are performance related. First cavitation analogous to spinning the wheels / doing a brake stand in a car. Second, top speed, it should be about 50 mph with a light load and a half tank of fuel at sea level. If you feel cavitation or the top speed is less than 45 take a look at your impellers and wear rings.

Yeah...I was still getting ok performance and top speed, but had a lot of noise when on the hose. After inspection discovered that the housing had swollen and was making contact with the impeller on both pumps. They are original, 2015 at 135hrs ea. I just chose to rebuild.

Back