• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Porta Potty ??

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What is everyone using for a porta potty? What units will fit in the "head" compartment?

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are blessed to have floating toilets on our nearby lakes.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Walmart has a bucket with a toilet lid. Never used it. Its an emergency only bucket

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have been looking at - Thetford 92360 Porta Potti 550E Curve Portable Toilet and Thetford 92853 Porta Potti 550P Portable Toilet anyone have one of these and would like to comment on the fit and function?:jimlad:;)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the camco one with the smaller tank. Works well enough but the head is very crammed so it gets used far less than over the swim deck. I have found that some women would rather be counter balanced while hanging out over the water from the swim deck. Guys are of course not shy on the swim deck either. All of this assuming that the person in need of relief does not want to get in the water.

jcurrier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered two parts

Dometic 301097206 Portable Toilet 2.6 Gallon and the Dometic 385320005 970 Series Hold-Down Bracket off amazon. Fit like it was designed to go in there

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
i bought the curve a few months back with the added floor bracket. It does indeed fit, but i had to remove my shelf and trim out a spot on the vertical lip of the shelf to be able to access and use the flushing Mechanism. I prob could have moved the shitter over towards the helm station, but it wouldnt be centered and that wouldnt fly in my OCD world. Seemed like the best and easiest fix. The curve is still a virgin on my boat, but after thorough inspection, It looks like itll take a load like a champ!!!

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Black Pine Sports Turbo Toilet
by Black Pine

http://a.co/62ssbo4

Nice small package. I have sat on the device to insure it supported my weight. I hope it is never used.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been looking at - Thetford 92360 Porta Potti 550E Curve Portable Toilet and Thetford 92853 Porta Potti 550P Portable Toilet anyone have one of these and would like to comment on the fit and function?:jimlad:;)
I looked at some of the rating on the curve.. people love it until the auto flush stops working which it seems happened after very few uses..

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Black Pine Sports Turbo Toilet
by Black Pine

http://a.co/62ssbo4

Nice small package. I have sat on the device to insure it supported my weight. I hope it is never used.
I bought one of these from Costco a few years ago for $30 never used it but stood on it a few times just to verify it could handle the weight.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are blessed to have floating toilets on our nearby lakes.
Are they all named "SS Relief" like they are at lakes local to the SF Bay Area?

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are they all named "SS Relief" like they are at lakes local to the SF Bay Area?
I don't believe I've ever looked for a name. Good question. I'll check it out this summer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a screen shot of a related post I started on years ago. If available, I'd pull anchor to use this instead of the port a potty onboard. No clean up involved and it is always anchored in the no wake zone so you never have to worry about getting splashed.
image.png

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have on board the Dometic 970 2.6 gallon and use the Bio Pak Enzyme. Hardly ever gets used. For kid emergencies or ladies that need/prefer versus hopping in the water (especially early season when the water is a bit chilly still). It is a great option and is very easy to use and maintain. And it fits perfectly in the head compartment.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also use the the Dometic 970 2.6 gallon unit. It does indeed fit perfectly. We tried one larger but it was nearly unusable, as an adult had to bend in half to fit over it. This unit is realistically sized for the compartment and not difficult to remove and reinstall for cleaning. I do however use the liquid waste digester instead of the packs.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the dometic as well. My only regret was not mounting it with a small turn to the left to give right handed people more elbow room to wipe.

Going on four years with liquid waste only in it but remind everyone that uses it that if they dump in it they must dump it at the end of the day. This may be the only boat rule I have or enforce.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the more frugal among us, Here is a link to a dyi bucket toilet, even uses a pool noodle and has a toilet paper holder.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No Porta for me as I don't want to promote others to using the restroom on the boat. Jump in the water or find another spot Hahaha.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Love the sky bucket! Yet at bother user for a bucket.

On Tahoe, I've learned to ask if anyone needs a pit stop when in emerald bay as they have a dock you can tie up to four 15 minutes.

Otherwise I have a bucket with a toilet seat on it and had a plastic bag with chemicals in it.. There rule however is:. If you need to use it, that's why it is there. It must be returned in the same condition it was found. Stop far no takers.

If Carol that a well-executed plan!