• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Porta Potty ??

George Angelopoulos

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll be installing one this spring as well. Anybody out the have some modification to compensate for the small Bimini on the wake tower? When the sun is out it can really get hot.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some people have made side shades on their boats. There are thongs called bimini clips where u can hanhe towels up to block the sun.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll be installing one this spring as well. Anybody out the have some modification to compensate for the small Bimini on the wake tower? When the sun is out it can really get hot.
This is what I came up with last year.
I bought it at Sams but their out of stock now. I fount a similar one on Amazon, http://a.co/aAojHVF I used tarp clamps and 1" nylon webbing with fastek fasteners to secure it to the tower and the bow ladder. It goes on in about a minute. Keeps the SeaDek up front much cooler.
Found this one on WalMart.com. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coolaroo...Sail-11-10-Natural-Colors/16775579#about-item Coolaroo is a very good company. I have 4 shades that keep sunlight off my outdoor bar for 5 years and they are still in good shape.

The image below is a Fastex fastener
July 4 2017 2.jpg

Milligsc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ordered two parts

Dometic 301097206 Portable Toilet 2.6 Gallon and the Dometic 385320005 970 Series Hold-Down Bracket off amazon. Fit like it was designed to go in there
Can you remove the toilet to empty it with the hold down brackets installed?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My storage compartment is smaller than yours and really isn't built for a MSD, but since my crew is all women I was required to buy one. I purchased the following at West Marine and the crafted a shade that goes over the windowshield in the aisle way and down so I can just pull it out sit it on the floor right there, throw the shade/curtain and they can use it in total privacy. Nice thing is, if we are going out on a lake where there are restrooms, I can leave it at home and use the space for something else. Or I can just keep it in the back of the SUV for shore service. I also can just throw it in the back of the SUV when we go on country road trips, in case of emergency.

Works fantastic, never spills, holds 250+ lbs and rinses out easily.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the Thetford Model 135, $99.00 at Cabbela's, Fits perfect. They also make a model 365 which has twice the size of water tank, which also makes it taller.

I am 5 Ft 8" and with the 135, I can sit on it, and not hit my head on the ceiling, (barely) anything taller and I would definitely hit. Somehing to consider.

The space is not easy to get in and out of anybody 6.0" or taller will be bent over like a pretzel in there.

Milligsc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I velcroed it down and it's been good.

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I used SereneLife SLCATL320, I'm satisfied with it. Easy to empty and comes with odor-resistant materials; quite straightforward to use.

Last edited: