• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PortTobacco says hello

I think my boat is the color your referring to @PortTobacco II . When I sold the Dawg, I had no intention of buying again...and for sure not 6 months later...thanks @jawsf16 for your lead on that. But I found a new 2 year old leftover 2012 SX240. It is gorgeous!!! I had to have all the hydroturf replaced (under warranty) and other than that, it is good to go. I have to tell you, the 240 is a 230, but a 2012 240 has the thrust enhancement, and a shorelandr trailer. That trailer is reason enough to go to 2012! It beats the MFI hands down and is so far superior in fit and finish it isn't even a competition. The fit and finish on the 2012 boat is so far ahead of my 2008 230, it isn't a competion either. All the rough interior fiberglass if virtually gone comparatively, the compartments are sprayed or finished with something to stop all that. There are negatives, but minimal compared to positives. I paid roughly $40K for my 240 new (leftover). The 1.8L is a better engine past 2011. Before, the improvements in sound and thrust were not there, and the bolt in the oil cooler was still a question. Get busy shopping my friend!

Yes I hear you Bruce and agree. I am just thinking 400 engine hours comes along with a lot more wear & tear hours on every other feature of the boat. I am just always looking for that used boat deal where the guy/girl bought the boat and just found after two or three years they just did not use it that much. They broke it in, maintained it, and it sat in a garage.

I have read claims of two to three thousand hours out of MR1s in rental skis. The 1.8 runs at a much lower rpm so I would expect it to last even longer.

If we assume those hours are equivelant to a car engine going 60 mph then 400 hours is 24,000 miles and 2000 hours is 120,000 miles.

@GTBRMC - Yes I did see Will's boat....pretty sharp but out my price range. Thanks.....

Back