• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Possible 2007 AR230 Purchase

SSPK2015

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I could use some help and I hope this is an good use of this forum. I found this boat and I am contemplating the purchase. Here is what i know about this 2007 AR230 with HO engines. Asking price is $19,000.
1. Currently owned by the 2nd owner (last 5 years) and has not been able to find out the engine hrs. Local dealer is too busy right now. To feel comfortable with the purchase, I would need to get it to a mechanic anyway unless I can pull this data myself.
2. Full cover included and the traile.
3. Minor scuffs and one small split (less than 1/2") in the seats
4. Serviced by the current owner so no records. From our conversation he seems very competent.
5. Nothing on the boat is malfunctioning and in need of repair.

Here are some photo's. I have more if any of you folks willing to help want to see some other part of the boat. I don't have a picture of the jet's yet. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 2.26.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 2.26.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 2.25.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 2.24.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 2.22.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 2.22.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 2.20.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 2.20.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 2.20.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 2.25.55 PM.png

Attachments

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Look decent.. you need to take it on a lake test before you buy... maybe find a mechanic that can look at it!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you're lucky, we might have a member nearby who can tag along?
Or, someone with the diagnostic software to tell you a little more about the engine.
Inspect from below, pull the plugs and reach in and feel all along the edges of the impellers...feel everywhere - then look in from the nozzles with a flashlight as well.
You'll get an idea of what it's been through.
If you are interested, get a test ride and some cash. :cool:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks like a nice boat, if you don't have a member nearby with a YDS to check the engines you may call a jetski shop as they use the same tool and it takes about 5 minutes to download the hours and any engine codes.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Decent looking boat at a decent price. Take her for a sea trial. Usually if a boat is clean and the owner is knowledgable, it has been reasonably taken care of. That model is a great AR because it has the full Bimini, tower and HO engines. The only year that has that combo!

My buddy at the lake has that exact boat and loves it!!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cardinal rule of buying any boat, even new, is always test drive it. If they hesitate about that then that's not a good sign.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SSPK2015 go with the advice already posted above. Hopefully there's a forum member close by that could go along with you for a test ride ;)

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That's a great price.

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Things to consider:
1) was the scupper replaced? - if not you will need to (50$ plus couple hrs)
2) Do the clean out come in and out easily. if not you will need to repair them. (60-85$ plus an hr)
3) have the rear calipers been replaced on the trailer, if not plan on replacing them (200$ plus 2 hrs)
4) how does the rear traction mats look?
5) rear transom stereo remote work?
6) I see it has tower speakers installed, is their an AMP? does it look professionally installed?
7) dual battery? if not you should add another with isolater switch.

great price.....

That all I can think of right now.....this would have help me....

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ask if they have the bow filler cushion, we use our all the time.

Sorry this is the best picture I had of mine.
LED bow.JPG

SSPK2015

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Things to consider:
1) was the scupper replaced? - if not you will need to (50$ plus couple hrs)
2) Do the clean out come in and out easily. if not you will need to repair them. (60-85$ plus an hr)
3) have the rear calipers been replaced on the trailer, if not plan on replacing them (200$ plus 2 hrs)
4) how does the rear traction mats look?
5) rear transom stereo remote work?
6) I see it has tower speakers installed, is their an AMP? does it look professionally installed?
7) dual battery? if not you should add another with isolater switch.

great price.....

That all I can think of right now.....this would have help me....
Outstanding questions! Will use this without a doubt. Thanks

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious what do you do with your filler cushion. I use to carry mine all the time and it's never been used. I use to use the one that went on the step in the rear middle of the boat until my dad sat it on the back of my boat without me knowing and it flew off the boat and over the bridge into the intercostal waterway (sad day)

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just curious what do you do with your filler cushion. I use to carry mine all the time and it's never been used. I use to use the one that went on the step in the rear middle of the boat until my dad sat it on the back of my boat without me knowing and it flew off the boat and over the bridge into the intercostal waterway (sad day)
We use our bow filler cushion when we anchor out on the lake to swim (which is frequent). The rear filler cushion gets used when we have guests and need an "extra seat."