• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Possible Scarab/BRP Rotax Reflash/ECU upgrade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Ive been in contact with RIVA on their ECU refash, and piggy back ECU's. It seems that the ECU in our boats is the exact ecu that has been in use since late 2011. According to them, we may be able to squeeze out an additional 50hp out of a stock supercharged engine with no other modification other than a p.n.p. unit. Im sure with some bigger injectors, and fuel pump, you can get even more ponies.

They are looking to get more info on impeller specs, and other odds and ends.

Here is some info on their product.
RIVA/Athena Sea-Doo ECU Overview

More to come!
I'm interested in part numbers and any other useful performance upgrades for a 2020 Scarab Ghost 165 with the 300hp. Super charged Rotax. And maybe even someone in Michigan who professionaly installs performance parts???

olyscarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Perusing forums while waiting to take delivery of a 195 300hp hopefully this fall. That said, I'm a longtime owner of SeaDoo PWC and my last two were 300's. I called Riva and they assured their Speed Control Override Module (SCOM) will work on these 300 motors. I've had the SCOM on my 300's and for $200 it basically removes the Coast Guard governor of 69 mph and I could get 74 to 75 mph all day without increasing the RPM. Of course that is the PWC, but I would expect any improvement to the 300 boat application is welcome for just $200 and no warranty issues or other mods necessary.

Has anyone tried or known someone who has used a Riva Racing SCOM on their 300 Scarab?

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ive been in contact with RIVA on their ECU refash, and piggy back ECU's. It seems that the ECU in our boats is the exact ecu that has been in use since late 2011. According to them, we may be able to squeeze out an additional 50hp out of a stock supercharged engine with no other modification other than a p.n.p. unit. Im sure with some bigger injectors, and fuel pump, you can get even more ponies.

They are looking to get more info on impeller specs, and other odds and ends.

Here is some info on their product.
RIVA/Athena Sea-Doo ECU Overview

More to come!
Just saw this thread - wow - Question; is it known if squeezing an extra 50hp out of the motor cuts the life of any of the parts? Would the supercharger need to be overhauled at say 150hrs instead of 200? Can I re-flash my ECU using the CanDoo Pro?

olyscarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Just saw this thread - wow - Question; is it known if squeezing an extra 50hp out of the motor cuts the life of any of the parts? Would the supercharger need to be overhauled at say 150hrs instead of 200? Can I re-flash my ECU using the CanDoo Pro?
Follow up with Riva and they said it would work, but they have no data about what the gains, if any, would be. This is just an electronic device that removes the limiter for PWC keeping it below 70 mph, but no increase to hp or RPM so it would be no extra wear and tear. However, it seems unlikely this would benefit a boat that would never see 70 unless there is also a limiter for the boat application with this motor and ECU. Thinking there is none because the weight and drag is birth control enough for speed.

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank
Follow up with Riva and they said it would work, but they have no data about what the gains, if any, would be. This is just an electronic device that removes the limiter for PWC keeping it below 70 mph, but no increase to hp or RPM so it would be no extra wear and tear. However, it seems unlikely this would benefit a boat that would never see 70 unless there is also a limiter for the boat application with this motor and ECU. Thinking there is none because the weight and drag is birth control enough for speed.
Thank you. I think I fall back on some old words of wisdom - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.