• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Possum Kingdom Lake gathering - summer 2020

whiten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking to see if there is any interest in a gathering on our home lake, Possum Kingdom Lake - about 75 miles west of DFW. We can host several folks but there is plenty of cabin lodging for those inclined to go that route.

Attachments

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
PKL is on my list of Wanna visit. May be a good opportunity.

Newmaniak

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a great time! We would make the trip down if the dates worked out. Our home lake in Oklahoma is Lake Tenkiller. We really enjoy making a few trips every year to checkout new places.

Bradley Martin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have any dates? My wife and I were just talking about going to Possum kingdom. We live in Denison

whiten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well - fortuitous as it seems, our community here at Possum Kingdom just announced today (14 Jan 20) that the Red Bull Cliff Diving tour will return to Possum Kingdom. Dates for PK Yamaha Lake Gathering will be 27 June 2020 to coincide with this event.

More details to follow - but, if you'd like to spend a day on Texas' most beautiful and scenic lake, this is not to be missed - as well as our 4th of July event(s).

Local hotels and Vrbo opportunities will sell out quick.

Snip20200114_33.png

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Florida stopped letting Travelers in from Louisiana so my trip to Destin in June just got canceled on me.

I am thinking of bringing the family to Possum Kingdom, Lake Travis in TX or Lake Hamilton or Ouachita in AR.

What would be some cool family stuff to do around Possum Kingdom if we stayed there for 5 nights? Ex. Restaurants with live music, cool patios, etc.

whiten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Florida stopped letting Travelers in from Louisiana so my trip to Destin in June just got canceled on me.

I am thinking of bringing the family to Possum Kingdom, Lake Travis in TX or Lake Hamilton or Ouachita in AR.

What would be some cool family stuff to do around Possum Kingdom if we stayed there for 5 nights? Ex. Restaurants with live music, cool patios, etc.
Our favorite restaurant "on the water" is Possum Hollow, and they have live music, but with the COVID stuff, not sure how they will book anything. Another favorite is Scenic Point Grill, and they sometimes have live music as well, but I think they are going thru new ownership...

A 5-night stay here would be pretty boring unless you are willing to go do some hiking and/or you are wanting to camp out - we have The Cliffs, which is a resort style area with some nice pools, great hotel rooms, amazing golf course, etc.

We are 45 minutes away from any real family entertainment off the water. I would say, however, if you are wanting to make the trip, come 4th of July weekend and follow the dates to see when the firework show is happening....there are songs written about it. Hells Gate is a good party cove but a family friendly scene.

Bottom line, this lake is a "lazy lake" - meaning, it does get busy, but it's not a party lake. Average age of resident around here is 70 years old or so, my wife and I bring that age group down by several decades!

Snip20200521_66.png

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you for the breakdown! This was exactly what I wanted to know, and it sound pretty nice.

whiten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you for the breakdown! This was exactly what I wanted to know, and it sound pretty nice.
After reading my post, this lake is NOT boring -- but compared to something like Canyon Lake near New Braunfels, Lake Travis near Austin, etc this lake does not have a town to escape to once kids get bored --was my intent. Take your family on a 13 mile (roundtrip) hiking trip around the Peninsula....very scenic. But, don't expect that if it rains that you have something nearby to do.

If you've never been here to PK, definitely come - but, you might consider Possum Kingdom for 2-3 days, then pickup and drive south 4-5 hours south to Canyon Lake/New Braunfels, where we used to live. Beautiful lake but you also have some of the rivers (Comal and Guadalupe) that you can do a several hour float down, caverns, excellent restaurants, etc. Again, not a party lake, but much more to do in your off time.

Places to say on PK:
1. The Cliffs - Home - The Cliffs
** If you play golf, this is a must play course. Rated #1 in Texas for overall beauty by Golf Magazine several years in a row. Heck, I'll even play a round with ya as I play it all the time. The resort has everything your family will want to do, is on the south side of the lake.

2. Bonita Shores -http://bonitashorespk.com
** This is a great place to be based and where we have our boat on the lift/marina. Gets a little busy here on weekends, has a pretty decent restaurant, but a great little cove for family off the boat. Good centralized location.

3. Golden Cove - Golden Cove Inc - Graford, Texas - Hotel resort | Facebook
Don't know much about this place other than it's fairly quiet. Do your research.

4. Lush Resort -https://www.possumkingdomlushresort.com
More expensive accommodations, but pretty nice overall. Great spot to be anchored at, have a heated swimming pool and all the water stuff you need.

dyfanf

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How CRAZY BUSY is the lake going to be for the Cliff Diving? It sounds like a great idea, but I'm imagining you can walk across the the entire lake from boat to boat!

And Hello everyone! New to the forum!

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m taking a day trip to PK this Thursday. I’ve never been and open to any tips. Will just be adults(2 couples) going. We’ll be using a family farm home in Desdemona for overnight, so I was looking for a good marina ramp towards the south or East.

Is Bluff Point Marina a good place to launch? Will be taking my 242LSE.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@whiten, did you ever decide on a date?

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m taking a day trip to PK this Thursday. I’ve never been and open to any tips. Will just be adults(2 couples) going. We’ll be using a family farm home in Desdemona for overnight, so I was looking for a good marina ramp towards the south or East.

Is Bluff Point Marina a good place to launch? Will be taking my 242LSE.
Bluff Point Marina is a beautiful marina set in majestic cliffs, however not a good place to launch from trailer. Drive and ramp is extremely steep and ramp fee is $30.