• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post anchor for Yamaha 190SX

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So we went to havasu our first with our new boat had a blast but didnt want to beach my new boat some people were using this post anchor see attached which I ordered and anchoring the front end and using a rope to the post for the back end. Are they just using a regular anchor in the front etc? Heres the post I bought so my boat can float instead of beaching and scratching the bottom etc? Some people mentioned about putting 3M on the bottom of your boat and does anyone know if that works?

Attachments

Mtschelling

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Look up a KeelGuard if you desire to beach your boat without the worry of sand causing erosion/scratches to your keel.

Second, and it is pricey, but so worth the piece of mind; look up slide anchor. The box anchor and the shore spike. Then get you an anchor buddy, its an anchor line with surgical like tubing under a nylon braided rope -it adds some stretch to it.

My process when I want to back to the beach is as follows. I know my anchor buddy stretches to 50ft, so I ensure I am no more than roughly 50 ft from where I want to have my platform near the beach, I also don't toss my anchor 1ft from where I intend to be as wakes and traffic may jog it loose. Find the sweet spot. Toss the anchor where you desire. Clip the hook of the anchor buddy to your bow/keel eye hook.

Back the boat in to where you want to beach, platform to the beach. Once you have the boat where you want it, head to the back and jump down off your platform and hold the boat in place while you put your shore spike in. Realistically you hope to be in about waist deep water, but not so shallow to hit your pump on the sand.

What's great about the anchor buddy is if your jet pump/keel is bottoming out on the sand, simply loosen your shore spike rode and let the boat move a few ft back towards your box anchor and re-tie.

Hope that makes sense. Here's a video that somewhat depicts this look at the guys set up at about :40. You'd probably want to be a little more shallow however.

Mtschelling

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Seems that link doesn’t work. Look up shore spike on YouTube.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use the Slide Anchor Shore Spike, I friggin love it. I don't beach my boat for a few reasons: 1. I don't want to risk damage to the hull. 2. I boat on tidal waters, so beaching it means I risk getting stuck, or constantly having to move the boat. 3. The swim platform is an awesome place to hang out, and facing it to the beach means I get to use my tower speakers to enjoy music on land.

I usually toss anchor 50-75 feet from where I want to be, and then back up to the beach until I'm reading about 3' of water. Then I hop off the back, clip a line (with carabiner) to one of the rear tiedowns, and then walk onto the beach and set the spike. I have a Danik hook on the slide anchor side, so adjusting position to deal with tide changes is super simple.