• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Potential new boater - any pointers?

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
morning all, this forum has been extremely helpful. been searching, reading , and have a test drive in a few hours. used ar192 and under 100 hours. I cannot get any of the FAQ links to open on my Mac. can anyone point me to a useful thread of what to look for etc? I'm a huge car guy but first vessel any help appreciated!

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I certainly don’t put myself out to be an expert, but just like a car I’d get a marine mechanic (that you are paying) to look it over.
If that’s not possible, you really should bring it out for a spin.
Off the top of my head:
Check for any damage to the hull before putting it in the water. Run your hand up and down the length of the boat to check for anomalies.
Is the steering wheel smooth to turn, does the throttle move smoothly?
Is the tower secure or is it rattling a bit?
Check for water in the engine bay before and after to make sure there aren’t leaks.
Is there any unusual smell coming from the engine bay?
Are the gauges functioning fully?

Good luck! I hope it works out for you!

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
my older son is hoping it works out well more than anyone else..... appreciate the advise!

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Irial29 covered it about good as it gets

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Super helpful and used this to explore every angle and square inch. Only issues was know prior to test drive that Speedo was not working. Hoping as the small wheel spins free it’s only the transducer. Otherwise we are super happy and it drove great!

We bought it!

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Super helpful and used this to explore every angle and square inch. Only issues was know prior to test drive that Speedo was not working. Hoping as the small wheel spins free it’s only the transducer. Otherwise we are super happy and it drove great!

We bought it!
Congrats

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please, do not run your engine(s) in shallow waters. You'll be happy.
@Julian

Last edited: