• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Power Filter Question

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am about to start the upgrades on the engine for my 2019 AR 190. Already have the Lucky Cone and Ribbon Delete decided on but trying to decide what do to with the air filter.

- Should just get the KN replacement filter that goes with the stock air box?

-Get a power filter upgrade like this: RIVA Yamaha 2017-20 GP1800 SVHO Power Filter Kit [RY13110] : PWC Performance Parts

but then I found this one too so not sure which one to get if I got this route?

Also anyone tried this?

and/ or this?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t think you have the supercharged engine in an AR right? I think that’s what that air intake is for.
I haven’t heard anything about these boats overheating in the absence of a problem, I’m not sure that’s anything to worry about.

Does that breather thing eliminate positive crankcase ventilation or it’s just an inline filter? I don’t really understand it’s purpose. If it removes the pcv function that doesn’t sound great for the longevity of your oil and engine.

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes the AR190 is non supercharged. I think I may jsut go with this for $50.00

I wasn't going to do the breather thing, just curious.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes the AR190 is non supercharged. I think I may jsut go with this for $50.00

I wasn't going to do the breather thing, just curious.
Save your cash to buy fuel or drinks.

This will look different and make your wallet lighter, but will otherwise serve no purpose. If either of the former are the intent, don't let me stop you, but don't assume you'll see any performance change here.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I made the mistake of wanting a cheap(ish) air filter replacement, it turned into a nightmare of adapters to make it all work. Yes it's nice to have but looking back I should have just bought the kit from Riva, they have a formed adapter for the intake of our boats. BTW, the link for the air filter kit in the post will not work, those are for SVHO jet skis only. You can buy the K&N flame arrestor/filter from Riva for ~$50. CAI is cool and all but a custom impeller and L13 cone will give way better results.

Our boats do not need the cooling upgrade that you linked.

IMG_2934.jpg

Evanfspencer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you end getting the K&N 59-2040? I just purchased it and it seems smaller than I expected. The regular bolt on version is quite a bit bigger but isn't a flame arrestor..