• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pray for Rain...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@leatherneck33 , I have been paying attention to the controlled releases too. But on Texoma, Ray Roberts, and Lake Lewisville, they stopped the releases all together...because much more water is running "un"controlled over their spillways. The areas below them are flooded to and above max capacity. I flew over the area downstream of Texoma two days ago, and the Red River is well outside of her banks and I saw many farm buildings, barns, and homes that were inside the floodwaters. I heard a news caster say something funny yesterday too. He said with the water at flood stage, the lakes couldn't go any higher because they flowed over the spillway. Well, that can't be true, because every time another line of weather rolls thru now, roads above the lakes immediately flood and the lake itself rises, so it gains volume and depth, even if it is short lived...then those downstream get the brunt of it later.

I noticed that next week is all sunshine on the 10 day forecast today! Except for next Saturday, that is 70% thunderstorms. And that is our weekend at Lake Murray.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I also noticed that Lake Murray water level is now listed "above normal". And it also said the water temp was 60F and muddy. That temp can't be right I don't think.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r where can I find conditions for Lake Murray? Jill is freaking out that we wouldn't be able to get to or use the cabins next weekend because of flooding. I wouldn't worry about the long range forecast for next Saturday just yet. Next week is looking great so far though. I think our weather pattern is finally changing to our "normal" summer conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@PEARCE Since Lake Murray isn't a man made lake, it isn't maintained by the COE or other water management agency. I haven't been able to find a daily water level "official" listing of it. But I have found several agencies that list for travel and tourism. Here is the one I looked at this morning...
http://www.travelok.com/checkmyoklake/#current
Scroll to bottom and put Lake Murray in the que, and you will have it. While I was looking, I noticed that Broken Bow said all lake access was closed.

I also spoke to the folks at the floating cabins and they said all cabins would be good to go!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone here on the forum posted a Facebook link or copied info from the floating cabins page a week or so ago that had lake level readings for Murray. My bride Facebooks so I'll get her to find it to ease her concern.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In 2011 this is what happened to Table Rock in just a few days in April...
upload_2015-5-29_8-45-38.png

On April 21st, lake level was at 914.24...April 27th 935.30!! They opened all gates, I think there is like 10, releasing something like 15,000 cfs
upload_2015-5-29_8-48-41.png

Just incredible how much water can accumulate in a short amount of time. I feel for you all!!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a conundrum!
You have soooo much water that it HAS impacted your boating season and we have a quickly diminishing supply which I'm afraid WILL impact our boating season...although it has started and seems to be ok for now.

Not a day goes by that I don't hear something related to the rain in your part of the country.

I can only hope and pray that you all get through it safely.

And of course there are all the earthquakes and volcanoes I'm hearing about.....this could be it. Armageddon ? Doomsday? A trip to the DMV ?

I better finish FAST!

doomsday.jpg

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great use of a flying camera/ drone, probably a quad or multi copter. He even overplayed the narration, nice.
Yeah. I want a drone for my GOPRO! There are so many options out there now. They even have some that will automatically follow your boat in the air while you drive around.