• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pre owned boat question

Btsnhos

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I am looking to purchase a 2020 ar195 with 70 hours on her, only used in freshwater. Stored in dry storage and winterized each year. All maintenance has been complete, except they did not rinse the engine after use. Should I be concerned about this? Obviously yes for salt water. I have searched the forums but have not found a specific “yes this is a huge problem due to…and will affect…” etc. thanks

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Only in freshwater? I would not be concerned, it's good practice to flush the engine on occasion in fresh water to prevent sediment buildup but it's very much dependent on the type of water you are in and is not a risk compared to the damage salt can do. On the 195's I would be more concerned about checking things like the super charger clutch (on a 70 hour motor should be no issues at all)/general maintenance.

Btsnhos

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Awesome. I’ll be taking it on a test drive making sure it accelerates smooth and holds all rpms. Any other way to check the supercharger?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Doesn’t seem like it was used much. I know there are some talks on how to check for a bad SC, @FSH 210 Sport I believe has some knowledge of this?

Btsnhos

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks I’ll do some digging