• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pre-purchase advice for Jetboaters.

ScruLess2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
After purchasing a Chaparral Vortex 243 VRX at a boat show with a 5 year warranty, I thought I was looking good. Dealer has been in business for a long time, Chaparral is a reputable boat manufacture but then...

Service issues became next to impossible as no one knew the boat or even how to order parts, dealer want me to trailer the boat out of State to repair. Chaparral separates the Vortex into something else...

I love the boat but unfortunately fixing it is a PITA when it comes to repair or even service. So my advice is this:

Before you buy the boat, DEMAND that you get a copy of the service manual and parts manual for your model boat in hardcopy form (not a website). If they don't want to give it to you, then just tell them sorry before I give you $70,000 plus, show me your serious in providing for my needs and get me the manuals. Ironically, if you buy an Airplane with a BRP engine it's mandated they give you that material.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi! Sorry to hear you're having issues. What issues are you having? Maybe I can help???

I lucked out as my dealer is only 2 hours away in Orlando.