• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pre-Season

The engine hatch seal is probably the single most effective noise reduction mod in these boats.
Too much insulation/heavy seal can make closing the hatch hard and can pop the top hinges which are not very strong. I would be careful not to overdo the insulation, slight pressure needed is fine, but if the hatch does not want to close I would reduce the insulation.
Thank you for this information, I was careful with the kilmat and siless liner. The later is pretty light but as you know the kilmat has some weight to it. I “smoothed out” the pipe insulation to make it as this as possible when installing and the hatch closed with just a little pressure. Link to pictures below. First time doing anything like this so go easy on me!

Thank you for this information, I was careful with the kilmat and siless liner. The later is pretty light but as you know the kilmat has some weight to it. I “smoothed out” the pipe insulation to make it as this as possible when installing and the hatch closed with just a little pressure. Link to pictures below. First time doing anything like this so go easy on me!
Beautiful work on SeaDek, the helm access hatch, and everything. The pipe insulation is quite thick but if it fits without popping the hinges, it should be great.

Funny, I was just redoing my engine hatch seal today, the old one started looking rough after 5 years of use.

Used the same seal, garage door seal from walmart, as always the worst part is the cleanup and prep.

1648356733026.png

I'm almost done, I used 3M spray glue originally, this time I switched to "shoe-goo" and just ran a bead along the seal, I think it's likely good choice for this application

1648356653458.png

I’m on Lake Lanier, Forsyth County side.
Us as well. Boat will be at Port Royale Marina beginning 4/1. Hope to be on the water this Friday for the 1st time on the lake.

Us as well. Boat will be at Port Royale Marina beginning 4/1. Hope to be on the water this Friday for the 1st time on the lake.
Very nice! I've looked into storing the boat there after we move. We are building in the Chestatee area and I won't be keeping the boat at the house anymore! But we just started the process so I won't need to store the boat until the 2023 season. We've had the boat out twice so far this year, and i'm looking to get out Wednesday afternoon to test my sound proof upgrades!

Beautiful work on SeaDek, the helm access hatch, and everything. The pipe insulation is quite thick but if it fits without popping the hinges, it should be great.

Funny, I was just redoing my engine hatch seal today, the old one started looking rough after 5 years of use.

Used the same seal, garage door seal from walmart, as always the worst part is the cleanup and prep.

View attachment 174261

I'm almost done, I used 3M spray glue originally, this time I switched to "shoe-goo" and just ran a bead along the seal, I think it's likely good choice for this application

View attachment 174260
Very nice work!

I think shoe-goo is the right glue for this application, very happy with it, seems to hold really well
1648772288339.jpeg

Back