• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Preferred Transducer Mounting location?

Zak77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've seen some of the transducers installed on newer boats, but where would be the best place to mount a transducer on a 2007 SX230? Should I remove the stock depth finder transducer and install in that location or is there another spot that would work well? Not to crazy about drilling additional holes below the waterline as this is my first boat.

Thanks,
Zak

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a different boat, but I ended up drilling a hole through the hull. Just works better. Measure 6 times. Drill once :)

Just be absolutely sure that is the transducer you want and it works with your unit. I ended up going with the Airmar P19. (pic below) Doesn't give me the pretty downscan, but it does everything else I need. Research, research, research as much as possible.

cf-lg.jpg

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And use 3M 4200 or 4000, not 5200 to seal it. Transducer is electronics and will need to be removed/replaced at some point.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh ... I mounted mine on the opposite side of the keel from the speedo thing.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Oh ... I mounted mine on the opposite side of the keel from the speedo thing.
Did you consider using the airmar DST800 as a replacement/upgrade to the factory speedo?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you consider using the airmar DST800 as a replacement/upgrade to the factory speedo?
If I would have know about it, I would have :)

Not sure if it is even compatible with my Garmin unit.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yeah not sure on compatibility but Garmin does sell their own version. It’s not very powerful but may be a good idea for someone that wants basic depth, speed, and temp but doesn’t want to add another hole to the boat.