• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Presummer repair and mods

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Who else is doing the usual modding and repairs before spring/summerB1D4C277-9F93-4E55-ADE3-32F61CD2F109.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who else is doing the usual modding and repairs before spring/summerView attachment 87313
That is a nice cavitation (ventilation) burn in the middle of the blade!
It’s probably from the dings on the leading edges but I would look around and see if you have any gaps and missing sealant in the tunnel - May need to seal the intake tunnel, too.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This last year we purchased a new house and this season I'm able to store my boat in the garage which has lead me to a laundry list of modifications. This year I have been focusing on 3 area's: Usability, Wake Surfing, and Engine Performance (increase air flow this year). Towards the end of last season we really got into wake surfing using the custom 19' transom ballast bag. So I'm hoping with the listed modifications will help create a better wake and reduce cavitation while under weight using the lucky 13. Next season I plan upgrading the intercooler and adding a tune to increase the rev limiter to 8,100 rpm. Can't wait for spring and begin water testing.

Modifications

Engine Performance
- Riva Ribbon Delete (done) - Increase air flow and throttle response
- K&N Cold Air intake (done) - Increase air flow and lower engine temp 1-5 degrees
- Riva Engine Breather filter (on order) - Reduce oil in the intake tube and into the turbo

Wake Surfing
- Thrust Vector Wake (on order) - Possibly clean up wake and reduce jet spray while tubing
- Lucky 13 Cone (on order) - Reduce cavitation while under weight
- Wake Makers Ballast Bag (Ski Locker) 72" x 14" x 10" (April) - In tandem with the custom 19' transom ballast bag

Usability
- Jensen MARC100 wired remote (done) - Eliminates having to deal with my phone and killing my battery
- Swim Platform cup holder drainage lines (done) - Eliminates water draining into the rear storage compartments
- Helm cup holder (March) - Easier access to my beverage
- Helm Storage door (March) - Take advantage of the dead space under the helm
- Samson reverse tower arch mirror (May) - So my neck isn't sore after a day of water sports.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is a nice cavitation (ventilation) burn in the middle of the blade!
It’s probably from the dings on the leading edges but I would look around and see if you have any gaps and missing sealant in the tunnel - May need to seal the intake tunnel, too.

Cavitation was pretty bad. Did the ribbon delete already. I am wanting to do the lucky 13 cone before my impeller gets back. Did ask for 1 degree of pitch

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good Grief the list is so long this spring.

Taking the tower off this weekend to drill holes in/under the mounting brackets to run wires
Cutting a hole in the helm area for a storage access door
oil change
plug change
recheck sealant on tunnel/pump housing
check/lube trailer bearings
Have a box of LED strip lights to install (bought them for under the cabinets in the kitchen, but conveniently bought enough to do the boat too :D)
It needs a wash/wax/shampoo pretty badly as well.
Drain lines for all cupholders

Nothing that is going to keep me from using it the first warm day we have, but still a list of things to get done.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So here is summer and i’m just now getting back to putting the boat back together and found my powder coat on my t-top post is flaking off i noticed it after i pulled the cover off and it’s so frustrating to see this. How has anyone delt with this issue?

Attachments

Alan Crawford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So here is summer and i’m just now getting back to putting the boat back together and found my powder coat on my t-top post is flaking off i noticed it after i pulled the cover off and it’s so frustrating to see this. How has anyone delt with this issue?
My powder coat came off the first season I owned the boat. Yamaha re powdered it but said that would be the only time they would help out. Came back nice from a local shop, but sadly it is starting to chip again. Given the option, I would have asked for a bare aluminium t-top instead.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had seen pictures somewhere of the joints being polished rather than coated. Wonder if trying to replicate it would help