• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pricing on NEW Yamaha 242X

chrisjacobson18

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am still negotiating with my dealer on a brand new 2019 Yamaha 242X boat, and they quoted the price at $74,999 which includes the "freight & setup". Is this a decent price, or is there more room to move on the price. (No extras thrown in)

I looked up what invoice is on a brand new 2020 Yamaha 242X and the website (seedealercost.com) says the invoice price is $67,149.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Price on the website on the 2020 242x is 78,999, I forget what the 2019 listed for. Dealers do not tend to move too far away from this price ratehr throw in extras like covers, ropes,.....etc.

For a brand new boat the price seems decent.

I am still negotiating with my dealer on a brand new 2019 Yamaha 242X boat, and they quoted the price at $74,999 which includes the "freight & setup". Is this a decent price, or is there more room to move on the price. (No extras thrown in)

I looked up what invoice is on a brand new 2020 Yamaha 242X and the website (seedealercost.com) says the invoice price is $67,149.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!
You’re getting a bit better than what I paid. Make sure they throw in the wake booster kit with surf board and the starter kit with anchor, jackets, etc. I also got free 10hr service plus $500 shop credit that I used for my first winterization. And the premium cover (as well as shipping cover)

I wish I had known about this website before our purchase on Saturday. I paid MSRP for a 2020 195S plus TTL. Invoice is 33,999.00

Here is a 2019 Demo on sale for 65.9K

If you would like a 2019 242LSE I could make you a deal.

The dealer out here is going out of business and has a 2019 242X listed for $66k might be able to get more off. Most dealers don't give a lot of wiggle room on price, if you want a deal hunt for used.

The dealer out here is going out of business and has a 2019 242X listed for $66k might be able to get more off. Most dealers don't give a lot of wiggle room on price, if you want a deal hunt for used.

That's a hot deal.

If you want deepest discounts, best time to buy is in Sep/Oct when Yamaha is offering rebates to dealers to discount current model year and make room for next year’s model. The dealer is not out any money but able to discount the boat since he is getting that money back from Yamaha. Sep is best as more inventory would be available at the beginning of rebates compared to Oct when everyone takes advantage of those rebates and deplete available inventory in the market.

Thanks for the help everyone. I have a trade is the only problem. I love to make a deal on that $66,000 one, but California is a long haul from Minnesota.

Absolutely nothing against the 242X - awesome boat. You probably already know this, but given Yamaha's general tendency to hold very close to MSRP, the appropriate cross-shopping with other brands is boats that list at 90-100K as they can often be had for that $75K number.

I just closed on the boat at $74,999 and they gave me $10,800 for my 2003 SeaDoo Challenger X20 with 333 hours on it.
Well, congratulations and welcome to the family. Awesome boat!
I am 99.99% certain you bought the red/black one as our local dealer only had this color in inventory. I’ll be seeing you on lake Minnetonka as soon snow melts, ya? Or is it too far for you coming from Winona?

Well, congratulations and welcome to the family. Awesome boat!
I am 99.99% certain you bought the red/black one as our local dealer only had this color in inventory. I’ll be seeing you on lake Minnetonka as soon snow melts, ya? Or is it too far for you coming from Winona?

I’ll be down by Winona in Pool 6. Yes, it was black and red, but it was from Rochester.

Good luck very nice boat and I think that is a great color combo.

I just closed on the boat at $74,999 and they gave me $10,800 for my 2003 SeaDoo Challenger X20 with 333 hours on it.
hope you are enjoying your new boat i am going to look at the same boat next week and i am curious if they threw in any extra stuff trying to figure out what i can get . TIA

I got nothing extra. :(
Hopefully you have better luck now with this whole coronavirus stuff going on. I bought mine just before all this happened (March 6). I wish I had waited until now when dealers are probably desperate to sell.

Back