• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Problem with New 2017 Yamaha 195 SX

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just bought new 2017 Yamaha 195 SX and been having idling problems with it wanting to die and engine comm error. After the engine dying and not starting leaving me stranded on the water I was towed in by dealer. The mechanic found that the wires to the battery shut off switch were never tightend down from the factory! Yamaha covered it all under warranty but didn't want to pay $80 tow bill. After an hour with customer service they finally paid the tow. IF YOU BUY ONE OF THESE BOATS I SUGGEST YOU CHECK THE BATTERY SHUT SWITCH TO MAKE SURE THE WIRES ARE TIGHTNED DOWN! I don't want anyone to go through what I did.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just checked mine and they very tight, sorry to hear about your problem and thanks for info so we can check them.

jvegas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My local dealer installs the batteries during prep. I would think most dealers do the same so that the batteries aren't slowly drained during shipping.