• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Process to remove side decal stickers on 2018 SX195

markp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is a proper way/process to remove the side sticker decals? I.E. can you just peel off and use gu-gone to remove the sticky stuff or do you need a heat gun?
Not used heat gun before it there a safe way to use one ?

thanks
mark

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Looking at the decals on the side of my boat, I would assume you could probably just peel them off. I think the hulls are faily thin on the jet boats,and heat guns can get VERY agressive if you do not constantly move them. I would imagine to much centralized heat could cause gel coat blistering, then you might want a decal to cover that....

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I de-stickered mine with a plastic razor blade I found on Amazon. Got one corner started and everything came off in one piece.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You can them off with Goo-Gone and a hair dryer. WD40 works on the glue too.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im not sure how it will workout for you since your stickers have been on the boat for so long but I took mine off after the first year. It was pretty easy, basically just started in one spot and was able to pull them off without using heat. Once they were off I hit the surface with some goo gone. My hull is black so I could see the outline left behind. After a few stages of buffing you couldnt tell they were there.

ellj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just did this. I had some peeling already. I tried using a heat gun but found it not necessary. Just used a razor blade. And then used goo gone to get the residue off.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree with @BrandonG that you might see shadows depending on what color your boat is and how much time it’s spent in the sun.

I changed my id numbers and took off a bunch of warning stickers over the last year or so and they all left shadows on my 2018 white hull. They aren’t super noticeable and have faded some with time but they’re there.