• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Proper way to stow your tube in the off season

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ruin one tube cover from dry rot so I would like to know what one does to properly stow their tubes in the off season.
thanks[flag]

galonuscct

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I generally leave it inflated in the sun for a while until it is completely dry. I then deflate, fold, and store.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a very tall Storage shed in my boat house. I normally hang my tubes from the top so the air can circulate around it. I let some of the air out of the tube and it spends the winter there. If I need to fold them up, I make sure they are good and dry before folding and storing. The tubes should be rolled not folded, the covers can be folded, but I prefer to roll them as the creases can wear under pressure.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I leave mine inflated on top of the T-top, but the boat and tube are in an unheated enclosed shop when not in use.

I figure, every time you inflate/deflate fold/unfold roll/unroll, it causes wear on the tube and cover.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I generally leave it inflated in the sun for a while until it is completely dry. I then deflate, fold, and store.
Same here. I let it get good and dry, then deflate and pack it into a storage tote. I toss a few bags of dessicant in there as well.

Pro Tip.....collect dessicant all year long from various purchases and places. Keep them in a small tote in the house until you need them, then toss them in with winter storage items to help keep them dry. Takes just a little bit of time, but you get free water absorption over the off-season.

galonuscct

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Same here. I let it get good and dry, then deflate and pack it into a storage tote. I toss a few bags of dessicant in there as well.

Pro Tip.....collect dessicant all year long from various purchases and places. Keep them in a small tote in the house until you need them, then toss them in with winter storage items to help keep them dry. Takes just a little bit of time, but you get free water absorption over the off-season.
Why not just throw in some rice?! :)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ruin one tube cover from dry rot so I would like to know what one does to properly stow their tubes in the off season.
thanks[flag]
What brand was it ?

I've never had a problem with dry rot but my tube bladders (air head mega slice) usually only last 2-3 years and the flat disk becomes more of a football shape,

I let them dry out good in the sun and then roll them up and put them on a shelf in the garage for 6 months, I've got a donut tube 12 years old that still good,

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Super pro tip
If you have a Harley dealer around they ship the bikes with huge ones and they give them away if you ask for it.