• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

? protruding from cooling duct

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is this something that should concern me ? It looks like a grocery store bag (beige) sticking out of my port side duct. Feels attached so didn't want to pull too hard or cut until hearing from you guys ?

Attachments

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is it rubbery? Or you said plastic bag like? Hard to be certain from the pic (I can't zoom in all the way) but LOOKS like excessive silicone. Make sure before you do anything, but lots of guys have the excess silicone do the same thing yours is doing. Regardless, you are gonna want that out of there.

Added: Also, if it's the excessive silicone, it's nothing to worry about.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
thanks , I should have clarified my earlier post. It does feel like silicone but has the outward appearance of a plastic grocery bag ??

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Gotcha. No worries. You should have nothing to worry about. It's already come loose, so you should be able to pull it out. I've had a clump of silicone come out of mine and I have a 2007. Seems most people have the newer boats this happens too.