• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PSI for Carlisle radial trailer tires

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I , like several other forum members, received the radial upgrade from Carlisle for the shabby bias plys that Shorelander / Yamaha (who knows which one to blame) originally put on our 24' trailers. I have never towed my boat on the trailer since this upgrade as it mostly stays on the lift in my slip year round. That is about to change with an upcoming trip. Just curious what you guys have found to be the optimal psi on these tires ?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Found this on the web:
Boat-trailer tires require a lot of air pressure — in most cases, between 50 and 65 psi. In fact, the correct pressure is almost always the maximum-rated pressure for that tire, which is molded right on the sidewall

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
thanks guys ! I believe these are 6 ply tires and they do max at 50 psi ( 65 psi on 8 ply ). My big concern would be starting at 50 cold and then pressure increasing at speed on a long haul in the heat of the summer ? I may start out 3-4 psi below the max.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
thanks guys ! I believe these are 6 ply tires and they do max at 50 psi ( 65 psi on 8 ply ). My big concern would be starting at 50 cold and then pressure increasing at speed on a long haul in the heat of the summer ? I may start out 3-4 psi below the max.
From what I read and was mentioned, fill to the cold rating. You'll be fine.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any rating on the sidewall is cold. So always check after sitting.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey @Neutron ! Good to hear from you again. Think I sent you the OE carpets out of my AR a couple years ago when I installed SeaDek. Have you had to use them yet ? Hope you are well.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @Neutron ! Good to hear from you again. Think I sent you the OE carpets out of my AR a couple years ago when I installed SeaDek. Have you had to use them yet ? Hope you are well.
I am excellent thank you.
I use the carpets as a backup when one set is wet from a rinse out, it just put the other set in. Works out great, thanks again

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
50PSi cold - I have the same Carlisle radials - no problems 3 seasons. Don't worry if if they get up to 60-65PST when hot - that's what they are supposed to do (started 50PSi - and drove 250miles to the desert - 116F - no issues). Big issue is under pressure, not over pressure.
I also have bluetooth TPMs to monitor pressure and temperature while driving - best add on I ever did.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
50PSi cold - I have the same Carlisle radials - no problems 3 seasons. Don't worry if if they get up to 60-65PST when hot - that's what they are supposed to do (started 50PSi - and drove 250miles to the desert - 116F - no issues). Big issue is under pressure, not over pressure.
I also have bluetooth TPMs to monitor pressure and temperature while driving - best add on I ever did.
You guys have calmed my fears !! Thanks @dzeppos for your input.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Do you have a link for the TPMS?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I , like several other forum members, received the radial upgrade from Carlisle for the shabby bias plys that Shorelander / Yamaha (who knows which one to blame) originally put on our 24' trailers. I have never towed my boat on the trailer since this upgrade as it mostly stays on the lift in my slip year round. That is about to change with an upcoming trip. Just curious what you guys have found to be the optimal psi on these tires ?
I’ve got the crappy Carlisle multi ply tires - just a few months old and already getting tread hashing. Did you go direct thru Carlisle for a warranty replacement upgrade? Thanks

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Carlisle replaced my OE bias ply tires with radials on my 2016 boat / trailer. That has been 3-4 years ago and not sure what their policy would be today ?? At that time several members of the forum were getting no charge upgrades.