• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pull Pork Sandwich, Sauce Not Included

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pull Pork Sandwich, sauce not included. I cooked the pork at 235 for approximately 12 hours and then rested for 3 1/2 hours. Instead of a sauce I sautéed mushrooms with roasted red peppers and greek peperoncinis topped with diced spicy pickle and a red onion and smoked cheddar. The hand cut fries were air fried in Phillips air fryer. It was different but very very tasty.

Attachments

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see your pulled pork and raise you one boneless pork shoulder. Smoke for 4 hours, raise temp to 185* for 4 hours and then tin foil with 1/2 cup of apple juice and finish it off at 215* for 4 hours. no resting, tear right into it! :winkingthumbsup"pulled pork 1.jpgpulled pork 2.jpgpulled pork 3.jpgpulled pork 4.jpgpulled pork 5.jpgpulled pork 6.jpgpulled pork 7.jpgpulled pork 8.jpg

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My family doesn't care for bark much so we foil it. I love the bark but i get over ruled by the rest of the family.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boy do I understand that. So many things I don't cook because I would be the only one to eat it:confused:[flag]

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pork should never be cooked to time, and always allowed to rest. That's the only way to effectively render all the fat. I.T. of 203-205, and at least 2 hours rest, preferably 3-4. If I go to Sam's, I buy a case (8 butts), they take anywhere from 10-14hrs each. If I'm in a pinch, I go to Publix (and pay more than double the price) and for some reason, they always take 20-24hrs each. If I go to the "local" butcher, they're silly cheap, but considerably more fat content and I usually run them to 208 or so and rest for up to 8 hours to achieve the same results.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pork should never be cooked to time, and always allowed to rest. That's the only way to effectively render all the fat. I.T. of 203-205.

I agree temp is very important when cooking butts. I normally pull mine between 190 and 200 and allow it to res at least an hour and more if the allows. I also found like brisket each butt cooks differently and will take different times to reach temp [flag]