• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pulled the trigger. 2014 ar192

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! Too bad the boating season is so far off.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I know. Oh well, I'll still go out in the cold! Thanks

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
As I was doing my paperwork, dealer told me that I can get 2 year of YES warranty for $1800. Do you think its worth it? Like I said, engine has 21 hours on it. Thanks

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations, boating season is not that far off in Georgia.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
As I was doing my paperwork, dealer told me that I can get 2 year of YES warranty for $1800. Do you think its worth it? Like I said, engine has 21 hours on it. Thanks
I bought my Ar192 new in February 2014, did not purchase any extra warranty and have never been back to the dealer. ( I do however appreciate Nielsen’s as they are a long time sponsor of our annual Lake Shelbyville gathering!) My boat has been great, no issues whatsoever. I’m at about 140 hours I think, I use it often, it spends more time at anchor than running though.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Finally got to Maiden my new AR192. First of all, have to say I love the way this boat handles on the water. Love the high freeboard. I actually thought it was pretty quiet, as I was a bit worried from reading on the forums. Wife absolute loves the storage, especially the little door on the port side (might install one on the starboard side as well) With all to love, I have to say that it did start off as a disaster though. WARNING, long story, sorry! Can skip to end to just see pictures of people enjoying a jet boat!

Little back story, wife and I have been boating for 10 years, so we have pretty good experience with launching and trailering our little 1979 Searay SRV 190. I back down ramp (wife in boat), she starts it up, I unhook the winch strap, she lets it warm up for about 20 seconds, I push her off and i'm out of the way (3-5 minutes max). She then comes and picks me up and we're on our merry way.
searay.jpg

So fast forward to our new shiney boat, I say, hey we don't have to do the whole warm up thing anymore, I can just back down ramp, unhook the wench at the water line and then just launch you in with the truck, then pull out, super quick.
IMG_20191215_120613.jpg
So I started the boat on land, right before we backed down the ramp, just to make sure all was good. Then when I got to the bottom of the ramp, I forgot about my little move and backed the boat all the way down to the water, so wife started it up. I got out and was like oh damn, forgot to unhook and shoot you off the trailer, so I asked her to turn it off. She did and I pulled up a few feet to unhook it and then backed in, hit the brakes and she went floating off the trailer.

I pull up a few feet, turn around and shes like it won't start, battery is dead. So there I am, standing at the end of the ramp, watching my wife, daughter, and dog float off into the lake without a running boat, talk about feeling helpless. I'm thinking, I should of stuck with my old tried and true method, (start the boat on trailer, make sure everything is OK, then shove off), but no, I'm a total IDIOT and decided lets do it different this time. She eventually floats back towards me, I pull the boat onto the trailer, get the battery out and put it on the jumper cables, don't have a second battery (yet) or a portable booster, (yet) to give the battery a quick charge. 5 minutes later, battery is back in boat and its running! Yipee!!!

So I go to park, wife is just puttering around getting used to the jet boat, and I look out at her when I get back down to the ramp and I watch my stupid dog jump off the bow, right into the water. So my wife has to think quick, turn the new, "hard to maneuver" jet boat around and not run over the dog and pull his ass out of the 50 degree water. At this time, shes soaked, dog is soaked, boat is soaked and she's coming to shore with a look of "F%^k this, i'm out and want to go home" (actual words). Anyway, she picks me up and I take the helm of my new, long awaited boat!!! Oh yea!!!

I punch the throttle!! oh yea, wife and kid are going to be floored with excitement and pulling G's like a fighter pilot, but no, boat just reves up to 6k rpms and gets to about 20 mph......whomp whomp whomp......

Feel like the world just fell on top of me. I do this for about a minute, hoping it will creep up in RPMs, but nothing. I stop, put it in neutral and wonder. Then I hammer it again and it leaps onto plane, hitting about 50 mph (on the Yamaha dream-o-meter) and the smile returns.

End of the story, spent about 2 hours on the lake, stopped, turned off engine, started engine, hard turns, punch outs everything, boat handled it with ease. Was a great day. And here comes getting it the trailering of the "hard to maneuver" jet boat. Showed my wife the no wake mode and she trailered that boat like she did our old stern drive one, first try, centered perfectly, and we were on our way.

All in all, it was a great day! Love the new Yamaha and I am happy to be part of the jet boaters family. Have tons of mods planned (not sure which ones i'll actually get to). Heres a few pics. sorry for long read.
IMG_20191215_120650.jpg
IMG_20191215_132254.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191215133524606_COVER.jpg
IMG_20191215_145720.jpg
IMG_20191215_145750.jpg

Tyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Amazing to see a 2014 with such low hours. Congrats on the purchase and glad your day finished way better than it started.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Your days are going to get better and better.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks for the replys. I can't wait for summer! Excited about the prospect of maybe doing a Bimini trip someday!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat. Great story - the dog jumping in wins the prize. Organized chaos and that is how it goes but you have an interested co-captain which is a +1.

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Love the story...Don't feel bad, we all have a few of those stories in our closet as well, but glad to hear that all ended well. What lake do you boat on? We use to live in your neck of the woods (Boated on Lake Allatoona), but ended up moving to Lake Oconee and we are very pleased with our decision.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Amazing to see a 2014 with such low hours. Congrats on the purchase and glad your day finished way better than it started.
Thanks I know. That was a major selling point for me, I like having so few hours on a used boat, makes it feel newer to me. Even with the low hours, I believe she was a bit neglected. When I cleaned the boat up, all of the water channels under the seats were green and loaded with tons of debris. The deck was green in the corners and just seemed like it never got a real good deep clean! I fixed her up now, and shes clean and comfy!
Your days are going to get better and better.
Thanks! The first time we took out the 1979 Searay (pictured above), we hit the throttle, hit a wave and then lost all power, had to jump in the water and swim it back to shore. Then I found out the transom and deck was rotten, so that entire winter I rebuilt the whole boat, new deck, transom, rebuilt outdrive, blah blah! Glad all that's behind me!!!!!! But it got better, and we have been boating for 10+ years and obviously are boat peeps!
Congratulations on the new boat. Great story - the dog jumping in wins the prize. Organized chaos and that is how it goes but you have an interested co-captain which is a +1.
Tell me about it! I had this vision in my brain for probably about 2 years, how it would go with my new yamaha jet boat, how impressed the wife would be, all that. Well yea, did not happen as expected, but its a boat, so you have to expect Murphy to show up! Don't think you could of made up a story like that if you tried.
Love the story...Don't feel bad, we all have a few of those stories in our closet as well, but glad to hear that all ended well. What lake do you boat on? We use to live in your neck of the woods (Boated on Lake Allatoona), but ended up moving to Lake Oconee and we are very pleased with our decision.
Yes, we boat on Allatoona. I hate going in the winter though, all the docks are on the ground and you have to be really careful not to hit a sandbar (mudbar), especially up there around Galts Ferry. I've never been on Oconee, but have driven over it many times on I-20. Looks like a nice lake, but man that bridge seems pretty close to the water from the interstate. We've been up to Lanier a few times, Chatague, and Blue Ridge. I want to check out Carters lake, havn't been there yet. We really like going up to Lake James in Nebo, NC. The boat in camping is awesome!!!