• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pulled the Trigger on a 16 242X!!

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So after going back and fourth on every model possible, and I'm fairly certain my Dealer (who is Awesome)probably has a drinking problem after dealing me, I finally ordered a 16 Black 242X E Series.
I'm totally stoked and actually considering taking the X Graphics off....feedback would be great here!
I bounced between the limited and X and figured after I end up accessorizing the limited I'd be creeping up on the extra$$ anyway.
I love my AR240 and hope to love this as much or hopefully more!!

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Awesome bet you can't wait to get it out on the water! I'm negotiating on a blue one, how did you end up settling out if you don't mind my asking? Did you get dealer prep and delivery fees waived or get some swag in the deal?

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Rod5 I ended up trading my boat and they were very aggressive on that! We worked off MSRP and they included a Cover.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Congrats and thanks for the insight. I'm hoping to finalize our deal this weekend...

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats!!

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Rod5 I ended up trading my boat and they were very aggressive on that! We worked off MSRP and they included a Cover.
My dealer was aggressively trying to fleece me on my 2013 AR240 trade-in... curious what kind of deal you got?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats @Kane! IMHO it is a toss up on the graphics. I think the graphics make it look sportier and without would be sleeker. Guess it depends if your a mustang or cadillac kind of guy.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Still waiting....ok then carry on!

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Happy Memorial Day !!!!

We picked up our boat last night!!! Absolutely love the black exterior and the interior is top notch! I decided to keep the graphics for now as I really like the look in person as opposed to brochure pics. The E options are incredible....actually almost too smooth. Being I'm used to the clicks of the throttle cables, the new fly by wire is so effortless and smooth, I need to get used to this.
As good as everything is, I do have one issue right from the get go.....the fuel gauge is reading low even though the tanks are full. I'm hoping after some use this weekend the sender will free up. If not, back to the dealer it goes!
One GIANT bonus was the warranty was bumped to the 5 years! This was an unexpected surprise and with all the computerized components, this is huge!!

Still thinking about a name.... My Dads old fishing boat was named "Hurri-Kane" which was great being my last name is Kane. So something along that line. Any ideas from you creative cats are welcome!!
Here's a quick pic yesterday from my mooring. More pics to come!

image.png

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's one bad @$$ looking boat! I am starting to like the new bimini top more and more. I am a sit in the shade and chill kind of guy, but my wife on the other hand loves all the sun she can get. I have to argue with her every time I want to put up the small bimini on our 242.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sweet! Congrats!

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@Kane That is one bad ass good looking boat!

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Dude that is sweet all blacked out , for some reason THE NIGHT KANE popped in my head for a name !?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You have to get a dark window tint on that boat. Looks awesome!

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You have to get a dark window tint on that boat. Looks awesome!
That will definitely happen! I literally drove it from the Marina to our place by water. When I pull it out it'll undergo some enhancements!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet! Thats a bad ass looking boat! Congratultions!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a seriously AWESOME boat, and a great shot, too. That new tower/bimini combo ROCKS.

These new Yammies are coming of age, no doubt. Congrats and thanks for sharing!