• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pulling a tube?

Jetslime

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I recently purchased a G3 18 CCJ DLX with the 115/80 yamaha outboard jet. I purchased this baot with a focus on fishing but would like to have some fun with the kids on lazy days also. Will this boat pull a tube? The entire package with a full tank of fuel weighs about 1850lbs and I'm looking to pull a 3 person couch style tube. I don't need it to go crazy fast or anything like that as the kids are still young. I've never towed or tried to tow anything with an outboard jet before and just curious if this will work well or if I need to consider a prop conversion on this boat down the road to make it more versatile for pleasure boating.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don't know that boat, but it should pull a tube, however your tube is VERY big for a small motor like that. If you're sticking with that tube, inflate it with a high pressure device and make sure you tie to both transom hooks.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes when using a jet to pull a tube be sure the tube is pumped nice and solid I have posted many times a picture of the hand pump that will accomplish this easily and inexpensively also use a long enough rope to get the tube out of the jet spray. And add a shock cord to the tube rope for the benefit of the passengers in the tube, All previously posted in several threads.

Jetslime

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know that boat, but it should pull a tube, however your tube is VERY big for a small motor like that. If you're sticking with that tube, inflate it with a high pressure device and make sure you tie to both transom hooks.
It's just a cruise around and enjoy thing for the kids, by the time they are ready to go fast I'll have the lake boat also. Wife says we can get my fancy catfish tournament rig seaark procat in 5 years lol

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes when using a jet to pull a tube be sure the tube is pumped nice and solid I have posted many times a picture of the hand pump that will accomplish this easily and inexpensively also use a long enough rope to get the tube out of the jet spray. And add a shock cord to the tube rope for the benefit of the passengers in the tube, All previously posted in several threads.
this