• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pulling the trigger on a sub

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I've read for hours all through the sub posts. I currently have a Kicker 10" enclosed sub under the passenger seat driven by a 300W RMS amp (Kicker CX300.1) and it obviously sounds a little muffled. I've been a little apprehensive about cutting a hole for a vent. I'm of the mindset that if I'm going to cut a hole, I might as well just cut a hole for the actual sub rather than just a vent. This is where the problem lies. I've seen many posts where people have mounted 10" subs under the seat. Since I have a 2015 AR192, I just went out and measured and I only have 9" of space under the seat cushion so I cannot fit a 10" sub in that area. The only place I could mount a 10" sub would be on the side of the helm, which I'm not opposed to, but concerned about it causing a rattle in that location. I've narrowed it down to a few options and I was hoping to get some advice.

Options:

1. JL Audio has an 8" IB sub that I can fit under the seat cushion. It's rated at 200W RMS. So if my amp is 300W RMS, could that cause issues?

2. Mount a JL Audio 10" sub in the side of the helm using a starboard backer to support the weight

3. Keep the Kicker 10" sealed sub enclosure and just bite the bullet and install a vent. Obviously the least expensive option but not sure how much adding a vent (Rosewell?) would help increase the base in the cabin.

Which would be the best option?

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The jl 10in ib sub surprised me. I was going to go with a sub and enclosure, but they all took to much space. So I mounted the ib sub and 2as pleasantly surprised with rhe sq

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The jl 10in ib sub surprised me. I was going to go with a sub and enclosure, but they all took to much space. So I mounted the ib sub and 2as pleasantly surprised with rhe sq
Thanks. Since you have the 24' model, I'm assuming you mounted the sub under the seat area? My difficulty is that I can only fit an 8" sub there. If I wanted to go with a 10" sub I'd have to mount it on the side of the helm.