• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Pulling to port

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 2010 242 LS has a tendency to pull slightly to port at cruising speeds causing me to turn the steering to starboard to keep going in a straight line-- even when the engine RPMs are matched. I have a set of Cobra Fins and I thought one might be bent, but they look straight. Anyone ever experience anything like this before? Any thoughts?

That is normal with these jet boats. In my opinion it has to do with both engines and jet pumps turning in the same direction, no counter-rotation to balance things out.

how much is a slight pull ? you have to keep the wheel at 1 or 3 o'clock,
is it only at cruising speed? what about full throttle or no wake?

Do you have a YDS to confirm your tachs are reading correctly?

The easy ones to check,

1. I would tell you to look at your gates to make sure they are both open the same amount when you are in full throttle position,
2. then get a straight edge and make sure both nozzles are pointing squarely back when the wheel is straight,
3. make sure your intake grates look flush and there are nothing hanging down that could cause a drag

@jfkraus and welcome aboard!

how long have you had your boat?
have you checked the oil cooler bolt issue yet ?

Thanks for the replies! We've had the boat for about a year and love it.

Typically I have to keep the wheel at around 1 o'clock at anything above 15 mph. No wake seems fine. I don't have YDS, but I'll check all those other things!

Increasing the port throttle a little should correct the turn.

It is likely that your port engine is not producing the same amount of thrust. This might be due to condition of the impeller, it's housing or simply the design of the hull.

Back