• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pump trouble

S.peay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey guys ill post some pics later, so last month i got around to my PM on the boat found one exhaust hose clamp loose, changed the oil, spark plugs, also wanted to check the pump grease just for piece of mind boat only has 50 hours on it. So when i pulled the cone off BAM bad news water in the grease so we were down untill i ordered a rebuild kit. So i ordered a rebuild kit from SBT part number 72-113 new bearings ect. When i took my pump apart there was a seal that was pinched and allowed a very slow leak. So we rebuilt the pump installed it and made it about an hour on the other side of the lake and the bearing failed and the cone exploded and messed up the pump housing... :( so ive since ordered a new pump housing from SBT and i ordered the 300 pump part number 78-112C-01K.. because my boat has the 300 wear ring from the factory, installing this pump tonight so i will update as to how it goes becuase the parts on my pump housing were not avl from BRP.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The oem bearings and seals from seadoo/bombardier/rotax are pretty good. Have you considered using those instead of Sbt?

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length