• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Purchase of new or used yamaha boat

James Mattson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am looking to purchase a new Yamaha sx210 from a dealer, I also saw a used 2010 sx240 for about the same price as the new 2015 sx210. Have there been any significant changes made in the last 5 years that would warrant me to buy new vs used. The used boat only has 66 hrs on it. Thanks

IMO, buying low hour used and getting more boat for the money is the way to go. That said, for 2015 the 24' models were redesigned with several significant upgrades. The 21' and 19' boats have not yet received those enhancements. The new models should be released in August and if you are seriously considering buying new, I would wait to see what the 2016 21' models look like.

Welcome @James Mattson to JBers.net. You've come to the right place to find answers to all your jet boat questions.

The boats your looking are very different. From length, age, accessories and most importantly engines. The older boat has more HP than the new ar210. I have an older vintage 210 series boat and we're happy with the power at the elevations that we boat at. However, I'd love to have the higher hp engines, and some guys find them a bit on the tame side. I just wasn't willing to pay the extra $ at the time (it would've been a $10k difference for me When I bought my boat). Imho the 66 hrs on the used engines isn't even a factor provided that the engines aren't covered in corrosion and the standard maintenance appears to have been done. I'd guess that the average boater puts about 40-60 hrs per year on their boat. So the engine hrs are pretty low. How does the rest of the boat look? Any scratches, vinyl issues, etc. You're still comparing boats that are 5 model years apart, so if the condition was outstanding, I'd probably go with the 240.

I agree, i would wait until new 2016 models come out if you are considering buying new... There will probably be some changes to the 21' models. But for me personally i would buy the older model for the increased size and low hours.

Also make sure there is absolutely no reason you will want/need a tower. I didnt think i would want one, and wasnt a wake boarder, but now i wish i had one (for wake boarding but more importantly to store boards/etc outside the boat...also to put more speakers on)

I would buy the new 242 Limited S if I was you...It is only money... ;)

All great points and I appreciate the replies. I think I will try to look at and test drive the 2010 sx240, I may enjoy the extra room. The price is 37,900. I has an extra custom cover, steering fins on the jet propulsion units, upgraded speakers and carpet etc... I will keep in touch. Thanks to all. Jim

That seems like a high price for a 2010 SX240....IMHO

Back