• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Purchasing a 2006 AR210

By the time we have all our people, coolers, etc were out of space, lol. Especially if anyone wants to lay out, move from one side to the other to get in a cooler, etc. Admittedly, we aren't packing people in, we would usually have 2 girls laying out up front, one laid out on the passenger chaise, me driving, then 2 people eople sitting behind me, and sometime someone sitting over the engines (but we put the cooler there)

Looks clean, I agree price seems a bit low. The only concern I would look at besides the hours is it appears to have a homemade ballast system, I'd want to inspect that for leaks or issues. Could run a compression test if concerned on the motors. Can get a good idea just by asking about their yearly maintenance and winterization. When did they change the spark plugs, check the current level of oil, have they inspected the bearings behind the cone (don't know the exact name of it). Perfect pass is installed, so there are some tests you can do on that. Search on Youtube for perfect pass testing, and there are like 3 or 4 videos that walk you through verifying the system is working correctly.

Update: I'm driving down to see the boat tomorrow. Based on the amount of photos and videos she's sent me, I think I have a pretty good idea of what the boat is like. It sounds like her local lake has thawed enough for a test ride. Hopefully we can get to ~43mph. I'll bring my compression gauge with me, but would there be any reason for a compression test if the boat reaches top speed?

I'm definitely curious about the aftermarket ballast system that the dash is set up for. She doesn't know anything about it, she said the previous owner installed it and her sons were the ones that were into wakeboarding (she's selling this boat to get a smaller I/O bowrider apparently). By the way, she agreed to $19k over the phone assuming everything checks out tomorrow.

That's a crazy low price. But I guess if your water freezes it's tough to sell a boat at that time. Some people just sell stuff to make room and don't care about the money as well.

IMO, if it hits top speed, you don't need to do compression. But keep in mind, top speed is ideal conditions. I don't think I'd let someone max my boat out until they'd bought it, especially on a recently less frozen lake. You smack ice at 43 mph and you're gonna do serious hull damage.

That said, my personal experience was that when I went to have a compression test done on my boat one of the plugs was frozen in place (common issue on these if you don't use antiseize or over torque them). The sellers ended up paying to get it removed, rather than me having to

But yeah, no way in hell I'd like someone max my boat out before they bought it, especially on a lake with any kind of obstacles or chop, lol.

The boat had a few flaws that I noticed when viewing it yesterday:
- A few flaws in the interior including a few small tears and one seam separating
- Plastic scupper valve, a few broken latches on the compartments
- Nearly stuck cleanout plugs, but they did pull out
- A few dings on both impellers, seemed normal to me for a 15 year old boat
- Missing table top (she offered to ship it to me if she finds it but I'm not holding my breath. Does anybody know where to source that from?)
- Engine overheat alarm that occurred 3 engine hours ago (last fall?) on both engines
- Needs oil changes and spark plugs replaced

Everything else I saw was great:
- 283 hours on the engines
- 61 degree weather so lake test went well. Top speed was 40mph gps with 3 adults and a full tank
- Perfect pass works but needs recalibrated
- Ballast system is functional and appears to be professionally installed
- 3 battery system with shutoff
- 2 amps and JL tower speakers sound good
- Bow fill cushion, rear seat cushion, mooring cover and poles, all in good shape

All said, she agreed to 17.5 - I'm okay making the repairs needed at that discounted price so I drove the boat home last night. Thanks to all for the help and I'm reluctantly ready to let you guys help me spend my money on my boat lol.

That is a flat out STEAL at that price. Co grants on your purchase, you got it way under value even with the flaws.

Dude you got a great freakin deal! You’re gonna love it!

The boat had a few flaws that I noticed when viewing it yesterday:
- A few flaws in the interior including a few small tears and one seam separating
- Plastic scupper valve, a few broken latches on the compartments
- Nearly stuck cleanout plugs, but they did pull out
- A few dings on both impellers, seemed normal to me for a 15 year old boat
- Missing table top (she offered to ship it to me if she finds it but I'm not holding my breath. Does anybody know where to source that from?)
- Engine overheat alarm that occurred 3 engine hours ago (last fall?) on both engines
- Needs oil changes and spark plugs replaced

Everything else I saw was great:
- 283 hours on the engines
- 61 degree weather so lake test went well. Top speed was 40mph gps with 3 adults and a full tank
- Perfect pass works but needs recalibrated
- Ballast system is functional and appears to be professionally installed
- 3 battery system with shutoff
- 2 amps and JL tower speakers sound good
- Bow fill cushion, rear seat cushion, mooring cover and poles, all in good shape

All said, she agreed to 17.5 - I'm okay making the repairs needed at that discounted price so I drove the boat home last night. Thanks to all for the help and I'm reluctantly ready to let you guys help me spend my money on my boat lol.
Replace that scupper with stainless asap. My 09 failed in 2019.

Back