• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchasing Starboard

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Home Depot and West Marine both sell it locally at certain locations.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How does this compare to the Home Depot pvc board?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Starboard came in today. Heavier than I thought it would be. I bought 2 @ 12" x 27" x .75". One black for around the helm and one white for trolling motor mount and a couple other things.

It's about to get real very soon!!!

View attachment 145252
Looks like you’ve got some painting and staining to do on your staircase first.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you’ve got some painting and staining to do on your staircase first.
Bro.... shhhhhh. Its boating season ;)

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
With all this drilling you're doing, you're going to need a strip pole. I'll give you credit, I can't imagine drilling holes in my boat...yet

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Soon as you get on the water and use it a few times you will. I was out 30+ times last year. Now I know what I want to do. And were things need to be. We were considering upgrading, but with a 21' footer change probably this year or next year most likely I wanted to wait and see what comes down the pipeline. Maybe a slightly bigger gas tank and the seating like the 25's. None the less. I can pull all the mods off without issue, except the trim tabs.

What I do know is I like to fish sometimes and fishing without the trolling motor sucks in the Great Lakes, LSC and inland lakes, at least for me. Running the engines to fish is not fun. Anchoring to fish is even less fun. I like casting and top water or my fly rod early in the morning or at dusk. A lot of flats and coves that without a trolling motor wouldn't be able to be fished, nor would I run my engines in a couple feet of water, so that water gets opened up to us now as well. I really wanted the 21' FSH but I was out voted by the family.

Also spot lock should be pretty cool when just hanging out.

Finally I watched a couple of boats just put their trolling motors in and cruise along the shore effortlessly as they enjoyed the day. Just plot the course and sit back and relax.

So I am going to see if the custom mount works out, I am very optimistic, but also a bit nervous about it all. Have just about everything, except the LiFePo4 batteries, cause I didn't want to have to ship them back if I didn't get the trolling motor mounted.

Dewalt batteries are all charged up and ready to go for the drill. :) Will start with the Trim Tabs, then Transducer and chart/plotter and finish with the trolling motor! Just waiting for the weather to come up bit more.

Last edited:

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors west marine has 3m 4200 and 5200 on sale through 3/29 - 30% off.
Sounds like you’ll go through a 10 oz tube with all this hull drilling!
Good luck!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@PeterB Thanks. Was already in to their store to get SS Screws and picked up black 5200. I have already a healthy stock of White 4200, White 5200 and White Fast Dry 5200. Couple tubes each from last year.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tfsnowrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This seems to be a knowledgeable crew wrt drilling holes in our boats. I want to put a sub that I have in an existing box into the port locker under the glove box. I should be fine to sink a couple short wood screws into the floor without hitting the hull right? Alternatively I was thinking of bolting through the stern-end of that locker which would have the bolt heads under the bench seat that butts against the glove box wall. (no copilot chair in the 2015 AR192).

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A pic of the proposed spot would be best to be sure. Fiberglass in the floor is about 1/8 to 1/4" thick. You should predrill in fiberglass anyway, so you should be able to drill a hole and feel when you break through. Don't push hard and stop as soon as you get through. Then sink a screw that just gets through that hole and I would think you should be fine.

Like I said, post a pic and hopefully someone with the same model can tell you for more certain.