• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

question about my new Thrust Vectors

KyleWade14

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got mine today and go them installed. When raising them up by hand they hit the underside of the swim deck. I'm hoping they don't come up that far while running across the water and rub under there?

Love the way they look. They are bigger than I thought they were.

Welcome to the forum!

I just checked and mine do the same, but I have never had them raise that high on the water. At speed they only come up parallel with the jet stream, so would take a lot to get them higher. You'll be OK.

I figured but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

If I remember right, you can just move the spring round another notch so the resistance is greater.

Mine only has one hole for the spring

The water pressure is directed rearward only and cannot push the cross members any farther upward than where they are designed to ride (directly on top of the stream) you should have no clearance issues.

You adjust the outer plate to increase the springs tension, I'm sure @JetBoatPilot will confirm/explain better.
View attachment 27600
Yeah my spring doesn't attach like that.
The water pressure is directed rearward only and cannot push the cross members any farther upward than where they are designed to ride (directly on top of the stream) you should have no clearance issues.
Thanks Will. I figured that's how it worked. Won't be able to take it out and try them out for a couple weeks now. Back to work on friday for 10 days.

You preload the spring before tightening it to the nut. You need to have tension on it when it's all the way down or they will come up with too little pressure.

You're gonna love them!

Back