• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question about the new ar

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I was on the Yamaha website drooling over the new ar240 and have a couple questions. From the pics it looks like my 05 has more room in the boat and the 240 has a bigger swim platform. Also It looks like I have more storage under the seat. Is that true. As for a cooler all I'm seeing is a mini color under the rear seat. Besides the mini bar on the passenger side. I don't have a dealership I can actually see the boat in person. Just wanted yalls opinion

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have tons of storage on my boat. That mini cooler is a full size cooler, it just looks small in that compartment. I guess the only way to tell is see one in person. Take a ride up here and I'll take you for a ride

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't enjoyed my boat at all this year. Between the seats falling apart and my sisters giant family always wanting to go everytime I take it out so I have to go over 30 mph to stay at plain. It just hasn't been fun so I've taken my jet ski instead. I can't find anybody that will fix my seats under 5000. I love my boat but that's a lot of money for seats. My brother inlaw bought his boat for 2000

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really? 5 grand to reupholster your seats??
With fine Corinthian leather I would hope.....that's more than steep. I'm sure you can find someplace to do it for substantially less. There isn't much to it.

A giant family will weigh any boat down. I've exceeded the weight limit in my boat once, er yeah, once, and it really isn't a big deal. The choir all squeezed together in back, the soccer team in the middle and the softball team up front. It balanced out quite nicely.

Yeah, so you burn some fuel...you burn as much or more towing two 5 year olds on a tube...non-stop...for an entire day (because they never want to stop!)

"Remodeling" your boat will cost significantly less than dropping over 50k on a new AR. But that's just me...:rolleyes:

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
U would think it would be leather with gold stiching but no just vinyl. They said pretty much 500 per seat. I've been everywhere around here. Everybody gets all the business they want so they can charge whatever

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The hardest part is removal and re-installation. If you can handle that, I've read posts wherein owners have had the cushions recovered for between $1600 - $2500. Depends on your location and time of year. Typically the dead of winter is a good time to get stuff like that done. Right at the end of the season and just before the season starts these shops get busy.

Determine if you really need all of them done or just the really bad ones. That can save some money too.
:cool: