• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question about yamaha

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
What year did Yamaha switch from 2 stroke to 4? My youngest son [29] who never cared for boating rode in mine for the first time[ only had it since 2003] and he is hooked. Haven't come across any Yamahas in the area worth a look yet, at least in his price range and size. Have located a couple of of Seadoos and Sugarsands.Going to look at this Sat.http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/boa/5129299480.html It's top of his budget since he wants to pay cash and he just bought a new truck. Nice to be young and single

I think 2005 was the last 2 stroke that Yamaha produced. Ar210 I could be wrong though. Does he want a 2 stroke or not? After I did all of my reliability stuff my XR1800 was a beast!!!

I am pretty sure the 2004 23footers were 4 strokes and the 21 / 19ft models followed closely after.

Doesn't matter really, 2 or 4, I was just curious because so many of the ads he has been sending me are pretty vague .I will most likely end up with the wrench duty, I'm an old gearhead from way back and he isn't the most mechanical of people though he is getting better. Seems like my family has a jet problem, Me, one daughter has 3, now him

Any Yamaha 23' or larger is four stroke. Any Yamaha newer than 2006 is four stroke. The 2005 LX210 and AR210 were the last two stroke Yamaha Boats.

Thanks guys, love the near instant info on this forum

Back